Comox Valley Beer Wars

Don't think so RS. She's enjoying her freedom now. Besides, after raising us, I think she's done. She drives long haul to California, Arizona, and Nevada, so she's over the border every week. Any time I need beer I give her a 20 and she gives me beer.

Dave

The Cariboo is cheaper than Luckys and would take one of those over a Luck any day

x 2...I enjoy all 3 of their beers, Honey Lager, Cream Ale, and Draught in the green can.

I dont drink Cariboo any more, not since I bought it for the first time and watched a 'nucks playoff game, and they lost 7-2... haha

speaking of prices, when we were in Maui, Safeway had 30 packs of MGD on for $22. I almost sh%t myself at the price... imagine that here, and how it would start a beer war!?

My mom picks all my booze down south as well. Can't Beat it. ESPECIALLY COSTCO USA. Stock can change week to week but as usual with costco the product is only quality. Alot of the american micro-brews if thats your thing too. Around this time of year they get my favorite, Guinness, its not around all the time so we look like, well Irishmen, with a shopping cart of about 15 cases or so.

$27 for 24 Guinness, compared to the Can Gov store price of $21 for an 8 pack.

She gets cases of Stella on the regular for under $20 for the 24....
Budwieser 24 is like $15 or less maybe

I guess its one of the benefits of being a mainlander.

Liquor Plus stores have "Just over a buck a beer", 26.00 for a 24 pack.
a 'genuine draft' made by Kamloops Brewing.
Quite acceptable for the quaffing I do.

Lucky? can't stomach the stuff myself. Prefer a good amber ale like a Rickard's Red myself. But I also keep a 6 pack on the boat whenever I fish. It never gets drank, but it helps me catch fish. Wouldn't go anywhere on the Island without it ;-)

I believe they call Lucky the "Champagne of the Comox Valley" But then again, those guys are knuckle draggers not beer aficionados.;) I tend to flip from one fav beer fad to the next. My current fad is Bud Light Lime...a girly beer but I like it....for now.
Around here we call those "Breakfast Beers" - ('cause they have fruit in them) :-o

My mom picks all my booze down south as well. Can't Beat it. ESPECIALLY COSTCO USA. Stock can change week to week but as usual with costco the product is only quality. Alot of the american micro-brews if thats your thing too. Around this time of year they get my favorite, Guinness, its not around all the time so we look like, well Irishmen, with a shopping cart of about 15 cases or so.

$27 for 24 Guinness, compared to the Can Gov store price of $21 for an 8 pack.

She gets cases of Stella on the regular for under $20 for the 24....
Budwieser 24 is like $15 or less maybe

I guess its one of the benefits of being a mainlander.

When does she have time to make your lunch?? ;) ;)

When does she have time to make your lunch?? ;) ;)

Haha. Forgot to mention she pays for it all too!

You guys should have been nicer to your mothers....

Labatt Brewing Company declared Cumberland, BC to be the "Luckiest Town in Canada" in early 2002 due to its incredible rate of consumption of Lucky Lager.

Haha. Forgot to mention she pays for it all too!

You guys should have been nicer to your mothers....

"Mommy!! I need 4 texas mickeys of Sour Puss Apple and 3 texas mickeys of Long Island Ice Tea Mix.....I'll make my bed TODAY if you get it for me!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEZE!!! Oh....and I want sloppy joe's for supper......if we don't have any beef I'll take a bowl of Alphaghetti but it HAS to be warmed on the stove and NOT in the microwave. Can you check the TV guide as well and tell me what time Fllintstone's is on? I love you Mommy!!" :p :p ;)

"Mommy!! I need 4 texas mickeys of Sour Puss Apple and 3 texas mickeys of Long Island Ice Tea Mix.....I'll make my bed TODAY if you get it for me!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEZE!!! Oh....and I want sloppy joe's for supper......if we don't have any beef I'll take a bowl of Alphaghetti but it HAS to be warmed on the stove and NOT in the microwave. Can you check the TV guide as well and tell me what time Fllintstone's is on? I love you Mommy!!" :p :p ;)

When you are arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn’t doing the same thing. ;)

When you are arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn’t doing the same thing. ;)

Hahaha.....touché!!! :eek:

But this isn't arguing......this is just pokin' some fun! ;)

Just call it jealousy as I can barely get my GF to grab me a beer from the fridge. :eek:

Ahhhh I just LOVE that quote. Seemed timely! haha

I don't mind the poking fun ;) You could say it makes me feel honored to be bashed by such famed post-whoring members! :O

Osama put me on to this site after our Tuna outing this year, and for the most part, the majority of the members seem to be good people, with a wealth of information that many are happy to share. There is the usual faceless tough-guy routine that any forum seems to bring out, but it is hardly a problem here, with the good moderation.

All and all, glad to be involved.

Attachments

• 0816111220a.jpg
    0816111220a.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 21
Post whoring??? Ouch!!!

It's the offseason and people like to have fun.....it IS a forum..hahaha. Treat this as a campfire.....good talk of all kinds.

Is that Mommy in the picture?? I will pay for the booze of she brings it to me!

haha, beat ya, ooops, am i whoring?,lmao.....holmes*

4600 and counting! what a ***** haha.

Off what? Off-season??? Never heard of it, must be something the wife got you into thinking..

Tomorrow for coho and chums, Sunday for sturgeon.

Less Posting, More Fishing :D

To keep it beer related...will be drinking during both. Cheers!

Now leave me alone

Back