Comox ramp fees

Cuba Libre

Does anyone know if the meter machine has been removed from the Comox ramp yet? Might go looking for some herring next week. Thanks

They pulled it out after Labour Day I think.
Will drive by in the next few days and will contact you if it is there.
GLG

In the past they removed it a GLG said after Labour Day. But the last couple of years it was left till the end of Sept. Comox in the contract said May thru Sept and didn't set a date for removal. So they started leaving it up till the end of Sept. screwing the fisherman. I called city hall and asked them about this last year.

It should be gone..

Not so good. Off the Washington Inn I saw around a dozen seals beating up a bait ball. But it turned out to be large needlefish. A few very small scratches further down the Sound. Around the corner in Lambert there were a couple of small schools tight to the bottom in 250ft. Other than the usual residents off Norris, didnt see any sealions either. Too deep to jig. Nice day on the water however.

Dropped the prawn traps for a short soak but only got a handful of shrimp and a whole mess of graceful crabs. Anyone tried making soup stock out of these critters?

Back