Comox area

Saskman

Good morning, I'm going to be spending a week in Comox with my boys, I have salmon fished from a boat before but never from shore, can I just use a light spin cast rod and reel? What test line should I use? And last but not least hooks, what's your go to hook to catch salmon? All advice is appreciated, maybe I could meet up with someone and go fishing

Good morning, I'm going to be spending a week in Comox with my boys, I have salmon fished from a boat before but never from shore, can I just use a light spin cast rod and reel? What test line should I use? And last but not least hooks, what's your go to hook to catch salmon? All advice is appreciated, maybe I could meet up with someone and go fishing

Hi saskman... am sending you pm...

Drive 1/2 hour to Campbell river just north on 28, you'll see the cars parked at the side of the road. Use a pink fly of any kind on a 4' lead below a swivel. Above swivel a 2 inch pencil weight. Almost works like a sinking fly line...almost. Caught and released 30 pinks with these 2 methods so far.

From the beach or CR pier or rocks beside the pier a #2 Buzz bomb pink or a 1/2 0z zinger in pink. Keep the bait moving from the beach as to not get snagged.

Caught and released 30 pinks with these 2 methods so far.

I'm using 10lb power pro on medium action spinning gear, similar size mono would work. Keep in mind at least a 4' leader of the same line of flouro if you want.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

What time of the year are you heading up this way? I can help you out, willing to meet up as well. Just don't want to post all the info on a open forum

Dave

Back