Columbia River Trail BC

Is there good walleye and rainbow fishing?

• Walleye and Rainbow trout fishing

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • walleye and rainbow fishing

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Going at the end of April for the first time. Any advise from people that have fished that river?
Thanks
Never fished that time of year before but done the August tour a couple times. Watch the water flow from the Damns... Last trip over they opened the damn and river came up several feet, fishing was sad to say the least. No fun dodging trees when looking for walleye.

Flows won't be bad end of April and fishing will be good. I sent you a PM, I work as a lock keeper at the Dam here, I am looking out the window watching some lucky guys fishing right now!

Never fished that time of year before but done the August tour a couple times. Watch the water flow from the Damns... Last trip over they opened the damn and river came up several feet, fishing was sad to say the least. No fun dodging trees when looking for walleye.
Appreciate the info but this will be a guided trip.

Flows won't be bad end of April and fishing will be good. I sent you a PM, I work as a lock keeper at the Dam here, I am looking out the window watching some lucky guys fishing right now!
Thanks for the info RevyG. Any suggestions on the spoons to use? I bought a bunch of Len Thompson spoons as I see them used in the fishing videos .

Those will work fine, and some good jigs for the walleye

Your Guide will make sure you have a great day out here!

Make sure ya bring some dew worms with... tipping your jigs with a bit of worm can be a game changer. Make sure you have heavy enough jig heads as well (1/2 3/4). Them 3/8 oz units commonly found will get frustrating real fast.

Make sure ya bring some dew worms with... tipping your jigs with a bit of worm can be a game changer. Make sure you have heavy enough jig heads as well (1/2 3/4). Them 3/8 oz units commonly found will get frustrating real fast.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Thanks. Usually fish the west coast but my son gets sick on the big water. Decided to try Columbia for a change.
its kinda fun over there, my boy and I did it a couple years in a row. A guide takes the guess work out of what is going on there but we figured things out pretty good.

I've only shore fished, but have had good luck at the Beaver Creek campground boat launch and the rocks off Gyro Park,
Some beauty smallmouth pass in the river as well.

river.jpg
Looks good right now! a few lucky people fishing from shore, have been hearing lots of reports of nice fish being caught

its kinda fun over there, my boy and I did it a couple years in a row. A guide takes the guess work out of what is going on there but we figured things out pretty good.
Something different. How did you make out fishing wise? Walleye and Rainbows and any good numbers?

View attachment 77593
Looks good right now! a few lucky people fishing from shore, have been hearing lots of reports of nice fish being caught
Looks great for a change from fishing the west coast. We are staying in the Trail area.
View attachment 77593
Looks fantastic and a nice change from the West Coast etc. Thanks for the great pic!
J

We targeted walleye , did decent but we were learning the area. The next year was a blown out river so it kinda sucked. Lots of sturgeon around. So many that we had to move spots some times because of them. Talked to several of the locals and everyone was chasing rainbows and doing well. If it wasn't single barbless hook I'd go back and try and whale on those Pike... not real interested in debarbing $15 spinnerbaits though.

We targeted walleye , did decent but we were learning the area. The next year was a blown out river so it kinda sucked. Lots of sturgeon around. So many that we had to move spots some times because of them. Talked to several of the locals and everyone was chasing rainbows and doing well. If it wasn't single barbless hook I'd go back and try and whale on those Pike... not real interested in debarbing $15 spinnerbaits though.
How is the Pike situation there? When I last fished it, the bounty just came out for heads, but I came up empty

Don't know but the kid and I try'd a bit 2 years ago and came up empty. We tried a bit down south of trail as well during the high water but again empty handed. There is some big ones around .

Back