Coho KIllers for Coho??

High Time

Crew Member
Was wondering how effective these spoons are for coho and any tips on colours,methods and leader lengths,speed etc. would be appreciated
Thanks

Most colors will work but sticking to the tried and true combos of chartreuse, silver, glow and purple haze will work. As usual for coho, a brisk speed behind a four foot leader will cause some commotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High Time
Last October, I used the green spatterback coho killers with 3/4ft leaders, trolled at 3.7 mph in 400/500ft of water between 50 and 70 ft on the rigger. The speed was very important.
Good luck
Stosh

Generally speaking, Coho Killer's catch everthing! Coho, Chinook, Pinks, Halibut, Ling Cod, Rockfish, Weeds, The Bottom, Each other.....

Not impressed with the factory hooks starting to rust after one use. Considering replacing with a slightly larger SS siwash. Will this affect the action etc.??

They do a great job of hooking up Coho but so does plastic and some other spoons. The issue I have with them is build quality. The hooks are not great and there is no swivel but more importantly they are just flimsy. We have had big Coho beat the crap out of them, including breaking the hook off at the eye, bending/twisting the welded hook ring and most critically bending the brass spoon severely, some right over at a 45 and also chipping off the paint where they get bent. For small Coho fine but a 15 lber and up can turn them into a bent up mess and sometimes even some smaller ones can bend them. I know some add a swivel to the hook which may help. Green and white glow was a good color for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed their hook and slung a loop of 30 lb Dacron, c/w octopus hook on it, to try to prevent the bent, folded, and mutilated problem.
I lost the "white lighning" colour and now hope to try the glow #602 colour this winter.
I don't use them for Coho, not so far anyway.

Back