Coho in the Campbell

Hello All,

I am wondering if any one can comment to the timing of the coho season in the Campbell. I have a good idea of where to fish and how to fish, but do not have a clue about when. With the pink quite colored up now and the River closed Sept. 15-30, I will be having a bit of a break, but when is in worth starting up again?

Thank and have a good day!

Hello All,

I am wondering if any one can comment to the timing of the coho season in the Campbell. I have a good idea of where to fish and how to fish, but do not have a clue about when. With the pink quite colored up now and the River closed Sept. 15-30, I will be having a bit of a break, but when is in worth starting up again?

Thank and have a good day!

Gear or fly?

Campbell River
downstream of the confluence with the Quinsam River. Pink Jul15-Sep 15 Coho Oct 01-Dec 31
4 per day, none less than 30 cm.
4 coho per day in the aggregate, only two of which may be greater than 35 cm and those two must be hatchery marked.
from a fishing boundary sign at the end of Maple Street downstream to All Aug 01-Oct 31 the fishing boundary sign at the cement block. Start oct 1hope for a good rain between now and then I've seen them in there early sept in previous years you can great views of what's going on from both bridges and the,logging bridge

I'm not sure drove over it this morning didn't see anyone fishing I still think it needs a good rain i guess if no ones allowed to keep a fish they don't fish it I would cast Koho spoons with the orange stripe or short float a chartreuse marabou jig under a float don't fish it much spend more time watching on my lunch hour maybe someone from town has better tackle and technique suggestions I know from watching that this river loves to eat tackle

Back