Coho, effect of full moon?

Time

Booking a day for Coho fishing, October 4, out of Sooke. October 5 is a full moon. Any experience or thoughts on the impact of the full moon? I know it can impact freshwater fishing, suspect it can impact on Spring fishing, but for Coho?

If your partners ( or you ) start to grow hair in new body areas.. dont wait! head for shore and DONT look up at the full moon. And ignore that impulse for sushi or other raw proteins .

if clear skies and a full moon it can be hard for a morning bite, being that they would be feeding throughout the night.

Only if it's a flood tide in the middle of the night with a full moon, most of the feeding goes on during the flood tide.

Booking a day for Coho fishing, October 4, out of Sooke. October 5 is a full moon. Any experience or thoughts on the impact of the full moon? I know it can impact freshwater fishing, suspect it can impact on Spring fishing, but for Coho?

Not usually for coho. I don't find it affects it at least in this area. The strongest tides sometimes are better as the fish get stacked up almost always in same spots. That date is good time to fish for them.

Back