Cleaning boat hull

Ha!

here....revisit some chemistry class https://www.jansanconsulting.com/ph-scale.html
I’m sorry !! i was dead wrong. i’m majorly out of practice. i looked at one of my old work books from the courses i took. 7 is neutral on the scale. so if you are using something acidic to clean with ; say a 9 pH then you need something around 2 ph on the alkaline scale to neutralize.

my bad. i’m very ugly, you’re very good looking.... i’m dumb you’re smart!! ;)

I’m sorry !! i was dead wrong. i’m majorly out of practice. i looked at one of my old work books from the courses i took. 7 is neutral on the scale. so if you are using something acidic to clean with ; say a 9 pH then you need something around 2 ph on the alkaline scale to neutralize.

my bad. i’m very ugly, you’re very good looking.... i’m dumb you’re smart!! ;)
Don't forget about the small pecker too

If you don't have bottom paint you should haul out at 4 weeks maximum to do a bleach/power wash at a car wash. If you leave it in longer you will have to deal with barnacles.
Found them! They are small and coming off ok with the pressure washer.

Already mentioned but 10% bleach in a garden sprayer is your friend. Let soak then pressure wash. Zep toilet bowl cleaner works really well too used in the same manner.

Seems clear I need some bottom painting done. Is this easy to do yourself, or not? And if not, who would you recommend -- I'm in OB, if that helps.
lots of different types , I like the hard ablative. here is a good article on bottom paints ,https://www.westmarine.com/WestAdvisor/Top-Ten-Antifouling-Paint-Buying-Questions

The first coat is very important and will decide future coats. very easy to do your self. Paints are available at trotac , as well as advice!

This is my first year keeping our boat (lil' Double Eagle) in a marina. We've had it in the water for about 10 weeks and it needs cleaning so we pulled it out to do the job. Does anyone have tips, tricks, best ways to go about this? What has experience taught you to do -- and not to do?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
after using many cleaners the best is bar keepers friend for those stubborn stains on FG,on amazon

Back