Clean out internal cooling tubes?

Unlikely 3 individual ignition coils would go at once...has to be a part connected to the effected 3 cylinders...trigger coil

Thanks all. The boat is sitting at a shop right now as I decided to take it in to a respected shop. I am going to head there tomorrow am for an update and provide some carefully worded direction based on these inputs. I was poring over my service manual and kept coming back to those coils.

Do not think I have a troll mode - never seen any indication of such a beast - do they just drop rpm's on their own?
Spoke at length to the shop yesterday afternoon. The head mechanic has been very open and up front with me so far and came with really good references so I am comfortable so far...

Anyways, they cannot find anything wrong with the motor. Absolutely every pressure test, electrical test, stone light test, code test, etc has come up with perfect numbers ie no malfunctions.

It is looking more and more like the ECU has failed. Has anyone here had this fail and produce the symptom that a bank of cylinders are not firing?

I have, but not cutting out one bank. It was on a an e-tec 3cylinder. When it failed the engine simply stopped running. He did have a kicker though so got back safely. Just wondering if the ECU on yours controls each bank separately.

I have, but not cutting out one bank. It was on a an e-tec 3cylinder. When it failed the engine simply stopped running. He did have a kicker though so got back safely. Just wondering if the ECU on yours controls each bank separately.
I have gone through my service manual ad nauseam and I believe it pair them ie 1-4, 2-5, 3-6 etc.

Oil control valve connection was the culprit! Has been running like a top for two days in their tank . Picking up today after work.

Thanks for every thought and idea. Never would have got to this but digging into its function, it does impact the motor’s timing. Added bonus is that all major systems have been checked and approved.

Back