Clarification...gotta be a US regulation....

richmake

Got this off another board and I'm sure it doesn't pertain to Canada but just to make sure...I thought I'd throw it on here anyways.

What do you do if you are going on a two day trip for butts and do not have anyway to store your fish hole for the fishery guy at the dock. Also if I understand the reg's correctly it reads that you can not have more then one days catch on board.

It reads:
"The possession limit is two daily limits of halibut in any form, except the possession limit aboard the fishing vessel is one daily limit."

www.coastwidesportsfishing.com

http://ca.video.yahoo.com/watch/4726988?fr=yvmtf

i know this is the new reg in WA this year. you can only have a daily limit of halibut onboard, that's one fish/license. your total possession limit, with fish in any form, is two fish. so if you have two fish in the freezer, you should not be fishing for the third fish. this is a reg change for this coming season and i am sure a bunch of folks are going to get caught with their shorts in a knot. we also lost the first two weeks of the season so have far fewer days to look for butts. the rationale is the quota in our marine area was overharvested last year!

I am going to Canada this year and am curious if the fish i bring home and have in my freezer count against my posession limit for Washington. Or does the posession of my Canada license and catch record card cover me? Any help would be appreciated, and thank you in advance. Dennis

quote:Originally posted by ssbn741

I am going to Canada this year and am curious if the fish i bring home and have in my freezer count against my posession limit for Washington. Or does the posession of my Canada license and catch record card cover me? Any help would be appreciated, and thank you in advance. Dennis
Here's a thread all about that issue
http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/washington-state-usa/139840-bringing-canadian-fish-usa.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
freshwaterlagoonnuquicw3.jpg

Back