CHIRP followup

reelfast

well the dragonfly was fully engaged during our short halibut season. one of the features of this unit is being able to limit the part of the water column you wish to view. with that in mind, i focused the device on the bottom, what else. while i still have to fiddle around with the transducer placement, losing signal over 20 knots, the device while we drifted was amazing. i was able to pick out schools of bait fish moving along the bottom, clouds of shrimp in various odd locations, what i interpreted as salmon cruising in ones, twos and threes a few feet above the bottom, and flat on the bottom big ugly shapes, halibut?

what is astonishing is the clarity of the screen image. it makes my old technology look old! next up will be a concentration on shrimp and crab before we switch back to looking for salmon. i am anxious to see how this performs in this sort of application. but first, the tinkering with the transducer placement will happen.

I would love to see some screen shots if you have them, sounds very interesting
Very curious at this point
Tim

i just read up on how to do the screen shots so later this month i'll give it a try and see what i come up with.

reelfast I'm glad to see your getting out to use the unit, I need to take a day and install mine it's still in the box.

Back