Chinook MSF proposals for Spring/Early summer 2023 (Chinook Hatchery Retention)

Someone who has the ability should make a press release about this. I do not have that ability :(

Someone who has the ability should make a press release about this. I do not have that ability :(
Careful what you choose to put in a press release.
What you will get is both the pro sport fishery position and the anti sport fishery position and you can guess which one will win with the general public.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most guides have got smart in the last few years.
Some really do promote their business with the experience rather than by the volume, but these promotion pics are still easy to find
We are our own worse enemy.
fishing pics (2).jpeg
There are sport fishers and there are fishers who fish for profit.
Limits on every species are sometime expected to earn the big tip.
Some customers even brag they caught enough meat to pay for the trip.
What are you going to do.
Everyone has a right to the resource within legal limits, but promotions showing limits of multiple species are part of why we sport fishers find it tough to get Government and wide spread pubic support.

That would be too late for many of the proposed spring options.

Sounded like it was going too be quick. By the way the NGO lobby is moving it most likely will be. The Area 19/20 meeting is scheduled I think next week. You can phone in I believe. C.Bos posted info up. Might want to phone in and listen.

April 1 is what i heard the were shooting for but no one really knows how long something going to sit on the minister's desk or if the minister will come back with requests for more information.

2500 signatures and counting.

A flat out lie in this statement:

There are growing concerns that members of the charter sport fishing industry pushed the DFO to open these fisheries on an expedited timeline without proper assessment, process, consultation and monitoring.

Lets expand:

1. Who brought forward growing concerns? Lets take SFAC in Area17 is mostly primary members. Primary members for people that don't know are just regular anglers making no money off resource. Over 90% in my area in fact including me are primary. Might want to get your buddy also to get his facts straight when he beaks off that our processes our guide/lodge driven on the forum/public. ;)

2. What guides benefit from the Area 17 hatchery only opening around Ladysmith. None of the charters will operate there they all do trips out of Nanaimo which is totally closed. Even more no guides operate out of there anyway.

3. Proper assessment has been done by DFO using proper DNA data to show low impact in stocks of concern. They just don't like outcome.

4. Consultation has actually been extensive.

5. Monitoring. These opening are mainly for regular anglers, and again not charter operations as this petition is stating.

Last edited:
A flat out lie in this statement:

There are growing concerns that members of the charter sport fishing industry pushed the DFO to open these fisheries on an expedited timeline without proper assessment, process, consultation and monitoring.

Lets expand:

1. Who brought forward growing concerns? Lets take SFAC in Area17 is mostly primary members. Primary members for people that don't know are just regular anglers making no money off resource. Over 90% in my area in fact including me are primary. Might want to get your buddy also to get his facts straight when he beaks off that our processes our guide/lodge driven on the forum/public. ;)

2. What guides benefit from the Area 17 hatchery only opening around Ladysmith. None of the charters will operate there they all do trips out of Nanaimo which is totally closed. Even more no guides operate out of there anyway.

3. Proper assessment has been done by DFO using proper DNA data to show low impact in stocks of concern. They just don't like outcome.

4. Consultation has actually been extensive.

5. Monitoring. These opening are mainly for regular anglers, and again not charter operations as this petition is stating.
Regardless of this, now 2800 signatures.
Did not say it is fair as it is not, however it is what it is.
Note they even supply their phone numbers if you have questions.

He is just one member of a bigger lobby.
I know what it is Jarrod I still have to poke. Stab jab mutherfacker. He's not even good enough for the bait table. Not even crabs would eat that piece of shiiiit

Maybe I should ask from the big bosses

Yeah nobody likes that one. He should apologize to the entire province. The crabs are even pissed

Back