Chineese Diesel Heaters - Extras

This thread is great and has brought me closer to finally do a proper install on my boat.
I ordered some parts from Planar and they arrived next day. Great service. Having said that, I'm afraid they will likely be hit by the measures implemented against Russia due to the current war against Ukraine.

Looks great boss. I see you found the stovepipe sealant. That stuff saved my heater exhaust way back when. Awsome stuff for this purpose

This thread is great and has brought me closer to finally do a proper install on my boat.
I ordered some parts from Planar and they arrived next day. Great service. Having said that, I'm afraid they will likely be hit by the measures implemented against Russia due to the current war against Ukraine.
Glad it helped ya with some ideas , would love to see your install some time. Good Luck !!

Well gotter Done, here is some pics, just gotta tidy up the fuse box above it and heater in boat.
Have 4 eaxust out let's two to windshield, one to Captains Chair (knee level) and one in Cuddy.
Ran it for 2 hours now E codes and no Co alarm , so I LIKE IT . Got it up to 28 cel in Cuddy and in helm

Attachments

• 20220408_145505.jpg
    20220408_145505.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 20220408_145516.jpg
    20220408_145516.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 20220408_145815.jpg
    20220408_145815.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 20220408_145736.jpg
    20220408_145736.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 99
The nay-sayers will be that way but I fired up my little Chinese diesel heater after sitting idle all winter. Started and ran like a champ!

Gotta like this reading, and even at low RPM it's still zero. Looks safe to me. Just gotta put the fresh air duct pipe in and go enjoy a few overnighters lol 20220414_153355.jpg

Got my exaust portion of my heater done (except 2 wall clamps to go on air intake to pull it away from exaust a bit more) This is not a recommended way, just my way and you should seek advice of professionals for installation. Next venting
I see your exhaust outlet is quite a bit higher than the heating unit. Have you had any problems having it this way? I've been thinking about doing mine similar to this but am wondering if it will exhaust properly?

I see your exhaust outlet is quite a bit higher than the heating unit. Have you had any problems having it this way? I've been thinking about doing mine similar to this but am wondering if it will exhaust properly?
Nop not a problem at all, I did not attach a muffler as I see no use for it, the noise of the heater is way below the noise of my Oceam Pro Running. I have a co sensor and also a co meter and no alarms and not even a 1ppm reading on the meter , so alls good

Back