Chineese Diesel Heaters - Extras

sir-vivor

I see lots of good input on Chinese Deisel Heaters, locations, types but looking to built a quick reference for what guy should add / replace. So could some of u that made changes to your heaters , please share them (ie better fuel line, types of vents, seal exhaust better to name a few)
In summary this is an ADD TO your heater ref, input greatly appreciated, thanks in advance !

Last edited:
You will want to by decent exhaust hose, I went to tro tac and got the Espar hose and it's same fit, I also bought a good thru hull fitting from planars website. I figured if my Chinese Heater ever kicked the bucket atleast my thru hull fitting won't change.

I see lots of good input on Chinese Deisel Heaters, locations, types but looking to built a quick reference for what guy should add / replace. So could some of u that made changes to your heaters , please share them (ie better fuel line, types of vents, seal exhaust better to name a few)
In summary this is an ADD TO your heater ref, input greatly appreciated, thanks in advance !
There's lots of that info on the other thread.

I've seen some have swapped out the fuel line , any suggestions on what TYPE to use if you have ?

when buying one of these heaters don’t waste money on the more expensive ones with lots of accessories. Get the cheaper one which is the same unit and expect to piece together your own install. Planar , espar , amazon, pacific fastners,any marine store. All good sources for quality parts. I supported my duct runs with rubber tie down straps which I cut in half and screwed up under the gunnel it works great but expect to have to get a bit creative and replace/modify to suite your needs.

Without being an expert on this at all hard to know crap from quality re hoses, exhaust thu hulls , vents and vent tubes and probably a few others in the same boat so just trying to get together a quick reference of some quality EXTRAS needed . Thanks for your comments, really appreciated, just wanna be safe out there lol

Planar has good exhaust clamps, thru hulls and other parts can order online and pickup in surrey. Amazon is good for insulation and misc ducting pieces. Most kits don’t come with a fuel shutoff something your insurance would probably like to see and should probably be added.

Parts Consideration, might be able to find cheaper on amazon but here's a idea, but cheaper might not be better

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220125-191004_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220125-191004_Chrome.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_20220125-190922_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220125-190922_Chrome.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20220125-190820_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220125-190820_Chrome.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20220125-190740_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220125-190740_Chrome.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 99
And one if the most important Extra .THIS !
One of the best rated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220125-193141_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220125-193141_Chrome.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20220125-194117_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220125-194117_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I've seen some have swapped out the fuel line , any suggestions on what TYPE to use if you have ?
The only fuel line approved for marine use is fire-resistant A-1 usually with U.S. Coast Guard approval printed on the hose.

Parts Consideration, might be able to find cheaper on amazon but here's a idea, but cheaper might not be better
I used the thru-hull vent with a 45 degree bend. Position it so water has to drain out. I also sleeved the exhaust tube for safety. If your tube has slope to the thru-hull you do not need a drain. Amazon stuff is usually decent but if you are not pleased, return it with no hassle, return postage paid. If fuel is pumped up to the heater a shut- off is not needed - just a switch. I would never use the supplied fuel tank, either. I bought a 10 liter metal one with an outside vent installed.

The only fuel line approved for marine use is fire-resistant A-1 usually with U.S. Coast Guard approval printed on the hose.
Thanks for the heads up on that Foxsea, deleted the other, again Thanks ! So Capts make sure u using the A-1 , I sure am now lol

Stole this off another Tread (commented by Foxea) and will just leave it out there because Im a thinkin its some solid info and a great extra to keep in mind , Thanks again Foxsea !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220125-173010_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220125-173010_Samsung Internet.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Might consider this to seal exaust joints to eliminate exaust leaks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220125-224128_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220125-224128_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 37
Maybe not considered extra but carry some spare parts like a fuel pump, controller, temp sensor, glow plug and wrench and a filter. They’re cheap enough on Amazon and take next to no space.

Appropriately rated copper or copper-nickel hardline is also legal according to Transport Canada TP 1332E

7.4.3 Flexible fuel supply and return lines installed outside of the engine space must be: (a) USCG type A1, A1-15, B1 or B1-15 hose on vessels of not more than 6 metres; (b) USCG type A1 or A1-15 hose on vessels of more than 6 metres.

7.4.4 Every metallic fuel line: (a) shall be made of seamless annealed copper, nickel-copper, or copper-nickel; (b) shall have a minimum wall thickness of 0.75 mm (1/32 in); and (c) shall be galvanically protected from the structure in aluminum hulls.

give me a shout , not sure if ya still have my number , will pm it to you if not , ive installed a few now , 3 on my boats , and 3-4 for buddies,,, , lotsa a good info...need to be very careful..

give me a shout , not sure if ya still have my number , will pm it to you if not , ive installed a few now , 3 on my boats , and 3-4 for buddies,,, , lotsa a good info...need to be very careful..
Will do for sure , thanks ! (Once I get all the new parts in lol )

Back