Cheap Guided Campbell River Trips

Doesn't even have c numbers on his little boat. Doubt he is properly insured and qualified.

You get what you pay for ......

He probably jams 4 people in it. I have seen some overcrowded boats lately and wonder how they survive out there.

X2 oh what Fishtofino is saying...Any reputable guide would not try n cutthroat the competition with such ridiculous rates

Both ads where removed.... Now one is back again

I could pull it off with my boat and experience....... :)

I could easily get my C numbers and insurance and guide 2 guys at a time and make a great profit at $300-400 a day. Its not like I ain't out there almost every day already making no financial gain but making new friendships which I enjoy way more then dealing with clients. I already exceed TC's requirements with the papers I already hold and have many years of guiding and commercial fishing experience. Yes you get what you pay for.... But maybe the client has no need for a huge boat with a large fuel bills and overheads.

Maybe I should give it a go :) LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
This idea that nobody can offer rates lower then $100/hr is a BS, guides need to get their heads out of their butt and stop thinking that nobody can ever run a sale or offer a discount.

Maybe a guy spends $20K on a boat instead of $60K and maybe he doesn't run as far as the other guys, maybe he's better with his financials, the point being if someone wants to run a business he can offer any rates he wants - he doesn't have to be part of a price fixing agreement or have anybodies approval.

But really the guys on craiglist are under the table wannabes, who cares. The customers that hire them aren't the same that would hire a real guide.

FA maybe you should give it a go, or better yet you could drop your boat at poet's nook in bamfield all summer and just bring your "friends" out to fish every weekend.

This idea that nobody can offer rates lower then $100/hr is a BS, guides need to get their heads out of their butt and stop thinking that nobody can ever run a sale or offer a discount
Winner winner chicken...if the "guides" all charged the same rate they could be guilty of price fixing;free enterprise is fair competition

qe5y5y7a.jpg
..the other other white meat... You could be eating bbq skate kabobs right now.... Here is your skate..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one that we got off of Long Beach the other day. Took 40 mins to get in

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 258
Don't feel so bad.....ever watch those episodes of UK fishing on WFN where they go out on charter boats to fish?........they are so happy to haul in Conger eels, various species of Dogfish, small sharks, rays and small skates......not a scaled fish or salmon on the horizon..............

and the freshwater guys there spend hours looking for large carp.........

qe5y5y7a.jpg

Uh Oh, there is a lead ball in that picture:eek:. Be careful.... do you remember what happened when Osama had a picture of an incidental 6 gill catch, and he got slammed for having balls that appeared to be too big. :p

qe5y5y7a.jpg

Uh Oh, there is a lead ball in that picture:eek:. Be careful.... do you remember what happened when Osama had a picture of an incidental 6 gill catch, and he got slammed for having balls that appeared to be too big. :p

I believe it was that there were two 1 pound balls in his picture and some idiot got a hard on cause of that and reported him.

Good thing there are no trebles in that photo :) LOL Can't even see the hook. But the fish was safely and easily released with a gaff.

This idea that nobody can offer rates lower then $100/hr is a BS, guides need to get their heads out of their butt and stop thinking that nobody can ever run a sale or offer a discount.

Maybe a guy spends $20K on a boat instead of $60K and maybe he doesn't run as far as the other guys, maybe he's better with his financials, the point being if someone wants to run a business he can offer any rates he wants - he doesn't have to be part of a price fixing agreement or have anybodies approval.

But really the guys on craiglist are under the table wannabes, who cares. The customers that hire them aren't the same that would hire a real guide.

FA maybe you should give it a go, or better yet you could drop your boat at poet's nook in bamfield all summer and just bring your "friends" out to fish every weekend.

what he said!

what he said!

I'd make sure they have all the required tickets and insurance before jumping on any discount guides boat. And as mentioned before you get what you pay for. That business model doesn't last long if your paying taxes, as well as maintenance will eat up all your "profit" if your pocketing a couple hundred bucks a day under the table.

Back