charter for hotsprings!

H

HereFishyFishy

Hey charter guys, Do any of you do drop off/pick up from Tofino/Ucluelet to Hot springs cove? (& for how much?) My cousin and a few of her girlfriends are looking to get dropped off at the Hotsprings for a few days camping and picked up for return to Tofino or Ucluelet. I think they are wanting to get to the Hot Springs on May 10th,anytime of day.
Thanks in advance for any info....

hahahahaha.....
I have never met her friends but my very cute,(and single) cousin will be turning 31 while at the hotsprings.
I think they will end up taking Tofino Air for $165 each round trip + extra $ for any gear over 25lbs. She would have been a great charter though as she has spent the last 5+ years working as an observer for the U.S government on fish boats out of Dutch Harbour, as well as for the IPHC. A very smart girl...she is moving to Victoria this summer to go to U~Vic for her masters in Biology....(after spending the summer out in Renfrew with us)

Single eh? If she wants to see a REAL HALI POLE, Let me kno :p J/K Wow, must be awsome to hear some of the info she has accumulated over the past few years!

-Steve

Quick little story about Hot Springs Cove...

Back in the day (late 70's) I was visiting Tofino during the summer and staying with a couple of my surfing pals who were Lifeguards at Long Beach. One day Ted invited a couple of girls he'd met to go to Hot Springs with him in his boat, a 19' Boston Whaler with a 70 HP outboard, centre console style.
Anyway, he asked me to come along to make a foursome, which I did.
We arrived at the pools after hiking in to find the place empty, which suited us fine.
Soaking naked in hot pools with a couple of naked gals is always a good time in my book, regardless of the outcome after that.

Soon a family arrived and entered the pools above us, where they proceeded to soap up and bathe, creating a large soapy mass that flowed down to us.
Ted went up and read them the riot act and they left shortly thereafter. Half hour later and a single gal shows up, a long haired hippy-type chick who was simply gorgeous.
She quickly disrobed and joined us while we enjoyed the afternoon, dipping into the ocean now and then to cool off.
Couple of hours passed and it was time for us to head back.
As we were getting ready to leave the single gal remarked how much she enjoyed the place and would even moreso, what with having it all to herself after we left.
We said our goodbyes and headed out.

About half way out we encountered a couple of young Naval officers leading 42 teenage Sea Cadets, all heading in to the Hot Springs.

I often wondered what happened when they arrived to find this beautiful and overall tanned young woman lolling in one of the pools.

On the way home we had a great encounter with a large Basking shark, but that's another story.

Take care.

Back