Celebrating 2010's World Rivers Day in Chilliwack

World Rivers Day is on Sunday September 26th and the Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Society invites you to take part in this year's celebration!

We will be hosting a Chilliwack River cleanup on September 26th. Volunteers will meet and register at the Chilliwack Fish and Game Club House between 8:30am and 9:30am. There will be coffee and donuts provided by Tim Hortons for you. You will then be assigned to a section of the river and take part in the cleanup until Noon. Once the cleanup is over, there will be a BBQ waiting for you back at the club house, followed by entertainment, words from the directors and draw prizes. The entire event is FREE, this is our way of thanking all the old and new dedicated volunteers for keeping the Chilliwack River clean.

Please bring appropriate clothings and footwear (waders are not necessary but would help). Plastic gloves, pick-up tools, garbage bags will be available at the event for you. If you are not familiar with the Chilliwack River, not to worry because we will assign you to a group who knows the area. This is also a great way to learn new fishing spots.

This will be our 9th World Rivers Day celebration! Celebrate by doing some early morning coho salmon fishing and giving something back to the river afterward.

See you on September 26th! :)

Rodney Hsu, Fishing with Rod, My blog, My YouTube channel, My Facebook page

Back