Canucks 2023-2024 season

Hahaha, couldn’t agree more and then they decide to boo Hughes for waiting to start a rush, how about boo your team!! I would have loved for Hughes to just wait in his zone longer and mock the kings for there neutral zone trap garbage.
The way I looked at it was they were booing the coach for making their team play that style

Hahaha, couldn’t agree more and then they decide to boo Hughes for waiting to start a rush, how about boo your team!! I would have loved for Hughes to just wait in his zone longer and mock the kings for there neutral zone trap garbage.
This is exactly how Philadelphia’s defence mocked the Tampa Bay 3-1 trap. Did this for over a minute at the start of a game in Tampa Bay. Referee finally blew the whistle. The 3-1 trap for the Lightening brought them tons of success but again as mentioned very difficult to watch. Should be banned as it hurts the game.

Looks like Demmer's groin, given the way he was stretching between whistles. Hopefully just tweaked and not fully ripped!

Well 2 periods of solid hockey and the 2nd period last second goal gave Colorado all it needed to get McKinnon going.
Miller line can’t do it all as outshot something like 17-3 in the third. Petey and Boeser start doing what you are paid to do and the rest forget about playing nice as the playoffs are a different beast ..Miller, with the Mason blatant head shot should have held his head, laid on the ice and force the refs to review the play and that’s an automatic major and a game.
Take the point, some unlucky bounces and maybe the Canucks again can learn what it takes to be a true playoff contender. On to Washington.

I noticed Mr. Lindholme involved in a number of defensive mistakes last night. He didn't cover his man in front of the net resulting in a goal as well as not clearing the puck, which resulted in the tying goal. Not all his fault though. I also noticed the whole team start to scramble in the 3rd, as the Canucks seemed to lose half a step. Would've liked to see Zadorov clean Manson's clock in that (almost) fight.

April fools I hope! Not my favourite by any means. Next we are going to hear Myers has signed an extension today for 4 years AAV at $6m per.lol

Last edited:
Hertl practiced with Vegas this morning. The usual salary cap gymnastics are well under way. We'll see if Mark Stone is magically healthy for game 1 of the playoffs. I wonder if their salary cap will break 100mil when playoffs start lol

Hertl practiced with Vegas this morning. The usual salary cap gymnastics are well under way. We'll see if Mark Stone is magically healthy for game 1 of the playoffs. I wonder if their salary cap will break 100mil when playoffs start lol
No point Canucks fans saying anything about it either, fingers will point straight at Demko.

What is the league's rationale for the cap not applying during playoffs? They could easily knock these shenanigans on the head (looking at you, Vegas and Tampa). Is it part of the agreement with the NHLPA?

No point Canucks fans saying anything about it either, fingers will point straight at Demko.

What is the league's rationale for the cap not applying during playoffs? They could easily knock these shenanigans on the head (looking at you, Vegas and Tampa). Is it part of the agreement with the NHLPA?
Canucks wont be 10+ million over the cap when he gets back. They might be 1-2 million over cap in playoffs Hopefully he’s back this weekend to get some games in.

It wasn’t really a big issue until Vegas and Tampa made it obvious that they are playing the system. I don’t think the league can change the rule until the next CBA

The report I saw made it seem like he’s seriously injured and may not play at all

Saw this stat from a few years ago. Its pretty amazing and a little weird.

April 5th, 2018.
Henrik Sedin, No. 33, and Daniel Sedin, No. 22, took hockey numerology to the next level in their final home game in the NHL on Thursday night. Daniel scored his 22nd of the season, assisted by Henrik, 33 seconds into the second period. Daniel's game-winning goal, his 23rd, again assisted by Henrik, was scored at 2:33 of overtime, or technically 22:33 of the third period. Both goals were assisted by Alex Edler No. 23. Oh, and the faceoff totals for the game? Vancouver had 33 wins, the Arizona Coyotes had 22.

Think I saw Elias Petterson using the ladies washroom at the arena. This guy will be dynamite in the playoffs if we can play Phoenix or San Jose.

Pouty Peety fans a lot of shots and the ones he doesn't fan hit the side of the net. He's better than that and it must be driving him nuts.

peety looks pretty fragile right now... hes gonna have to wake the F up and actually start playing to his potential or I think best case would be to get out of that contract as fast as possible..

Last edited:
Back