Canucks 2023-2024 season

More good work from Canucks management.
Locking up Petterson through his prime and keeping the AAV under 12mil. If he keeps up a point a game player through his career or anything close to that, this contract will look better and better in the coming years as the salary cap goes up.
Getting excited for Playoff Hockey!

Awesome! I’m trying to get clients to stop paying bottom of the barrel, to replace people who quit. 8 year deals are scary but if we can get 2 cups in 8 years it would feel like a small price to pay. I may be dreaming but when you are winning it makes sense to keep the key pieces in place to keep the key people in place.

Petey had gone missing lately and most likely this was a major distraction with all the media crap going on. Actually the media may have helped in the end with the trade speculation with Carolina or JR/PA are smart dudes. My takeaway, a lot of money, play to it Petey and you are fine. Management can know have some leeway to understand what the future signings will look like. The Lindholm trade now looks like a rental in my opinion. Heavy price to pay.

Petey had gone missing lately and most likely this was a major distraction with all the media crap going on. Actually the media may have helped in the end with the trade speculation with Carolina or JR/PA are smart dudes. My takeaway, a lot of money, play to it Petey and you are fine. Management can know have some leeway to understand what the future signings will look like. The Lindholm trade now looks like a rental in my opinion. Heavy price to pay.
I definitely think it was a distraction, now he can focus on hockey and silence all this media noise.

EP40 isn't a 'carry the team on his back' type of player, in my opinion, like Miller or Demko is. When the Canucks can get back to positionally sound, responsible play, as Tochet espouses, he will shine, score more and the team will get back to winning.

Guess we’re going to find out if it was a distraction.

Also he has a full n movement clause
He’s still on pace to have a 100 point season, is a top 10 centre in the league, so distraction or not, this contract should age well due to EP 40 being only 25. If JT Miller was younger, he would have fetched more money too, but age is a big part of these contracts.

Guess we’re going to find out if it was a distraction.

Also he has a full n movement clause

I read the no trade clause is for the last 7 seasons of this contract extension. Does that mean if things don't work in the first year, the canucks has the right to deal him off? No guarantees what I read is factual, too.

Yup, the cup is usually won by the team with the best/least injured 3rd and 4th lines because the star forwards are so heavily marked.

In any pro sport, playoffs tactics are almost always centered on defence. This is highlighted in the NHL with its laughably long playoff season where half of the teams get in anyway.
Actually recently the cup is won by the team that best cheats the system with top players on LTIR, and miraculously bring them back for playoffs and legally being 10mil plus over the cap. Vegas last year, Tampa 2 yrs in a row and Vegas is now in the process of doing it again, maybe Canucks are getting into the act with myers, lol. I agree 100percent on needing the 3rd and 4th line support players. That's why leafs will never win, lol.

Actually recently the cup is won by the team that best cheats the system with top players on LTIR, and miraculously bring them back for playoffs and legally being 10mil plus over the cap. Vegas last year, Tampa 2 yrs in a row and Vegas is now in the process of doing it again, maybe Canucks are getting into the act with myers, lol. I agree 100percent on needing the 3rd and 4th line support players. That's why leafs will never win, lol.

Tampa and Vegas are very Canadian player dominant. That said Mark Stone is dynamite, hopefully Peteykins can play the big crunching playoff style in rounds 3 and 4.

Had a chance to watch the Ducks game this morning. Not sure if the score flattered the Ducks or not but a couple of grade A misses and the absent of MacTavish and Carlsson was the difference. The sooner Soucy and Joshua return to the lineup this indifferent play I hope will be over with. On another note I felt Podkolzin had a strong showing, particular his skating and positional play.
With EP’s new contract the Canucks are going to need such players to keep to next years cap. Off to LA with something to prove.

What a horrible game last night. , can’t imagine being a fan and paying for that crap , I don’t care if it’s “ effective “ the King franchise should get fined every time they play the 1-3-1 , I know Jacques Lemaire had success with it , but I hoped the NHL had got past that era , another 2 games minimum to sit through …

Ok I feel better

Hahaha, couldn’t agree more and then they decide to boo Hughes for waiting to start a rush, how about boo your team!! I would have loved for Hughes to just wait in his zone longer and mock the kings for there neutral zone trap garbage.
That was great. Funny of the announcers to make that comment as well.

Back