Canucks 2023-2024 season

Nucks need to get that power play going... 0/18 ? In the end Winipeg took advantage of there scoring opportunities .
They took a lot more shots in the PP last night, but just couldn't find lanes. So much has to go right to score any goal these days, goalies and defensive systems are just that good.

Tough loss tonight as I thought the Canucks overall were the better team although they sagged in the 3rd. Winnipeg has had the Canucks number for a while now and the substandard referring didn’t help. At least they made the embellishment call on Scheifele/Miller hit. Canucks PP again tonight was a telling story as Hughes shot is getting blocked pretty consistently.
Time to take Brock off the power play as he was invisible gain tonight and just maybe insert Hronek with his heavy shot to back off the Jets defence. Personally if Soucy and Joshua were in the lineup the 3rd period breakdowns might have looked a lot different.
Off to Minny and again another tough away schedule and then eventually a 9 game home stand in March. What’s with that Mr. Scheduler.

Totally agree , what does scheifele think this is , soccer? , Brock’s lack of speed really shows , he’s not a play driver and if he’s not scoring he doesn’t do much , especially when he’s taking up a spot on the first line and power play , power play in the playoffs is usually huge , hopefully they figure it out soon ..

Nucks need to get that power play going... 0/18 ? In the end Winipeg took advantage of there scoring opportunities .
It's hard to believe that a guy like Garland isn't getting a shot in place of Boeser with things going as bad as they are, or putting Hronek in and using 2 d letting Hughes play up closer to the net where his shot is more effective.

I’m at the game tuesday night, first game in probably 10+ years with my 3 hockey nuts nephews, probably aves fans, I’ll make sure to cheer on the bucks power play.
You going to slopes to get some turns in while your there?! Never been, but I’d like to take a trip there one of these days, should be a great game. Boyz will be tired on the 2nd of a back to back though.

This schedule is somewhat ridiculous and a telling story of what’s ahead. Back east with 5 games in 8 days, travel back home for 2 games, no rest or extended practise time, travel day, head to a nooner in Minny with a back to back in Colorado and finish up in Seattle. 3 games in 4 days. Then early March 9 home games. Stupid in my opinion. Heaviest away schedule in the league and to date still producing. After this trip 26 homers and 33 away plus travel.
The potential for injuries and lack lustre play is pretty evident. Hope for the best but this would never ever happen in Toronto.

You going to slopes to get some turns in while your there?! Never been, but I’d like to take a trip there one of these days, should be a great game. Boyz will be tired on the 2nd of a back to back though.
No a workshop from 6am-4:30pm today. I was in Vail last year for an industry meet up and the skiing was sick. Almost worth the $250usd ticket price if you don’t have a friend with a seasons, you can get a 50% discount. Also skied Loveland which was an amazing mountain as well.

Dam, not the nooner we all like!

Didnt watch game , had to work ………… , alert came up on my phone , Canucks 7 , I’m like great , Wild 10 ? WTH ?

Missed the game today and thankful for that.Caught the PVR highlights and while the Canucks imploded with 4-3 on 5’s the 2nd penalties I must say were justified.Miller line early had success against the Wild’s number 1 line but with home ice advantage and a last change correction the Wild found their game.Didn’t like at all the need for the last second 10th empty net goal so I hope the Canucks remember that. Onto Colorado tomorrow and see what it brings.

Fun to get to the Bell Center and see the show through the eyes of a 5 and 11 year old. Not much open ice with the size and speed of both teams. We only stayed to the end of the second. Pretty wicked to see both goals up close from the second row. Americans do sports right, guys behind us had never played hockey and were big fans. Denver is quite the city but this Island boy is happy to be flying homeIMG_1102.jpeg

Fun to get to the Bell Center and see the show through the eyes of a 5 and 11 year old. Not much open ice with the size and speed of both teams. We only stayed to the end of the second. Pretty wicked to see both goals up close from the second row. Americans do sports right, guys behind us had never played hockey and were big fans. Denver is quite the city but this Island boy is happy to be flying homeView attachment 103403
Spent a week in Denver 10+ years ago , cool place , good vibe , the 3 stadiums were all on the same commuter train line , just different stops i think

As far as the Canucks ... , the team looks a little wore out or tired , when they have a call-up playing on the first line you know thats not a good sign , hopefully with lots of spacing between games coming up they can figure it out

The Canucks tonight officially have lost their way, I don’t even know what to say as I watch the game vs the bruins. No finish, no pressure on the defense, no driving to the net, tripping all over taking crap penalties. It’s almost as if they have completely forgotten how to play the game of hockey. The pp is non existent and frustrating to watch to no end.

The Canucks tonight officially have lost their way, I don’t even know what to say as I watch the game vs the bruins. No finish, no pressure on the defense, no driving to the net, tripping all over taking crap penalties. It’s almost as if they have completely forgotten how to play the game of hockey. The pp is non existent and frustrating to watch to no end.
Not over yet :cool:

Miller is playing his heart out , Petey and Brock are not and players playing up the lineup is killing them. Absolutely no net presence, easy coverage for Boston who are so sound positionally. Load up the Lotto line for the 3rd and see what that brings. Still hoping but…..
Bains is at this point not NHL ready and that experiment should be over.

Pardon?

Back