Canucks 2023-2024 season

Does this trade fit with the accepted wisdom of acquiring larger guys to help with endure the grind of a deep playoff run?

Does this trade fit with the accepted wisdom of acquiring larger guys to help with endure the grind of a deep playoff run?
Okay, I’ll bite,
There’s much more important attributes than just size. You need a bit of luck to stay healthy for an entire cup run, that said Lindholm has been pretty durable throughout his career. The guy instantly becomes the Canucks best faceoff man, which is very important for puck possession and dictating play. His responsible 2-way, 200 foot game will help our middling penalty kill no doubt. He most likely will bump Suter off the number 1 power play which should help PP1 production even more. He does so many of the “little things” right.
The biggest hurdle will be resigning him, but there’s familiarity with the player and Rutherford.

Like the acquisition of Zadorov. They needed a strong, large and mean player to help protect their smaller high skill players when other teams get pissed and start targeting them as they did with Hughes in a recent game. I noticed that while Hughes is normally paired with Hronek, that when other teams have put a bullseye on him, the coach has paired him with Zadorov. The big russian kind of reminds me of the Drago character in the Rocky movie. He sends the message 'if you dirty hit little Hughes, I must break you'.
zadorov was a good acquisition for this, flamers are having a sale (i think tanev was supposed to be part of the lindholm deal, maybe later...)

I don’t see them signing Lindholm after this year. Someone is going to offer him more than the Canucks can, for more term, if they plan on trying to keep Pettersson and maybe Hronek. No doubt someone will offer him a 6-8 yr deal at 7+, and I sure hope it isn’t the Canucks because those deals never age well. I think this is a pure rental, but I don’t object this time. I think he will fit right into Tocchet’s system and he’s proven to have high hockey IQ and versatility. They’re swinging for the fences with this move, and why not? I think they are starting to look like a serious playoff team. If they can stay healthy and continue to play the system as they have, why not take a run at it? Who knows what the team will look like after the summer with all the UFAs? Might as well give it the best shot now. As was mentioned above, I like that they managed to do the deal and not give up their blue-chip prospects who are closer to being NHL-ready.

Mixed results so far in this last eastern road trip, but not disastrous (other than the Boston game). Less traveling for the Canucks for the rest of the reg season and an astounding 3 weeks at home next month. Dig in and rest up!

Ya they're clearly not playing as well as they had been , to be expected - its a long season , with Soucy out and now Zhadorov it really exposes Myers weaknesses with him playing alot more minutes , i heard they brought up Jett Woo for tonights game , i really hope he dresses , it would be nice to finally see him play in the show

Ya they're clearly not playing as well as they had been , to be expected - its a long season , with Soucy out and now Zhadorov it really exposes Myers weaknesses with him playing alot more minutes , i heard they brought up Jett Woo for tonights game , i really hope he dresses , it would be nice to finally see him play in the show1707869635421.gif
Zadorov is suspended for 1 more game so Woo is in

Now that the Leafs Reilly suspension has finally been announced the Toronto circus can get on with far more important news like off the couch Phil Kessel was spotted in Abbotsford. Lol
Hope that can finish out this trip with a Chicago win. Schedule is brutal as travel day tomorrow and then take on Detroit which should be a dandy.

Mixed results so far in this last eastern road trip, but not disastrous (other than the Boston game). Less traveling for the Canucks for the rest of the reg season and an astounding 3 weeks at home next month. Dig in and rest up!
That Boston game was telling, but then Boston was first in the east and is a true high level contender for the cup. The Canucks did not look like they belonged on the ice with them and were stinky the whole game. At one point I was hoping Boston would not take another penalty as they scored twice short handed. Based on that performance, if the Canucks had to go against Boston in the playoffs, it is hard to be optimistic. Any team can have a bad game, but still!

That Boston game was telling, but then Boston was first in the east and is a true high level contender for the cup. The Canucks did not look like they belonged on the ice with them and were stinky the whole game. At one point I was hoping Boston would not take another penalty as they scored twice short handed. Based on that performance, if the Canucks had to go against Boston in the playoffs, it is hard to be optimistic. Any team can have a bad game, but still!
toss it away and move on is all you can do, the best part of this season is they have only lost 2 in a row a couple times then go on to win 3 or more again thats how to do it. Lose 1 win 3 etc, im quite surprised how well they have done all things considered! hopefully it translates into a couple of rounds in the playoffs if not the SCF.

I'm still shaking my head over the Reilly cross check to the head incident, apparently retribution for the - horrors! - slap shot on an empty net. If unnecessary but harmless showboating was a punishable act in other sports, the NFL and NBA would both be a season-long festival of biffo.

Hockey, I love the game itself, but not the crusty old white guy mentality that comes with it. And yes, I'm an old white guy myself. But still.

Now that the Leafs Reilly suspension has finally been announced the Toronto circus can get on with far more important news like off the couch Phil Kessel was spotted in Abbotsford. Lol
Hope that can finish out this trip with a Chicago win. Schedule is brutal as travel day tomorrow and then take on Detroit which should be a dandy.
I understand they don’t play in the eastern time zone again this year. Came out of the worst part of their schedule leading the entire league. Outrageous! Got a lot of home games coming in March. My optimism is ramping up so much that I’m thinking of Inviting Stizzla to jump on the Canucks bandwagon and dump those Leafs

I'm still shaking my head over the Reilly cross check to the head incident, apparently retribution for the - horrors! - slap shot on an empty net. If unnecessary but harmless showboating was a punishable act in other sports, the NFL and NBA would both be a season-long festival of biffo.

Hockey, I love the game itself, but not the crusty old white guy mentality that comes with it. And yes, I'm an old white guy myself. But still.
i take the other side, the other player deserved it and reilly should not have received more than a game (and i abhor the leafs)
you don't taunt like that, and there is a rule in the nfl for this (don't know about nba)

just like those stupid lacrosse-style goals, anyone doing that should be pummeled as well

i take the other side, the other player deserved it and reilly should not have received more than a game (and i abhor the leafs)
you don't taunt like that, and there is a rule in the nfl for this (don't know about nba)

just like those stupid lacrosse-style goals, anyone doing that should be pummeled as well

you wanna be a dandy, prancing around the ice doing pirouettes and carry a man-purse, go play in japan
Cross checking to the head was why he’s getting suspended. Could have done something else

you wanna be a dandy, prancing around the ice doing pirouettes and carry a man-purse, go play in japan
What a wild take lol, the game is progressing, getting faster and more skilled. If you don’t like it and want to cry about it you can stop being a fan. Michigan goals are sweet. Fighting and taunting are a part of the game but blind cross checks to the head aren’t.

Grapes, is that you?

Tough loss tonight as I thought the Canucks overall were the better team although they sagged in the 3rd. Winnipeg has had the Canucks number for a while now and the substandard referring didn’t help. At least they made the embellishment call on Scheifele/Miller hit. Canucks PP again tonight was a telling story as Hughes shot is getting blocked pretty consistently.
Time to take Brock off the power play as he was invisible gain tonight and just maybe insert Hronek with his heavy shot to back off the Jets defence. Personally if Soucy and Joshua were in the lineup the 3rd period breakdowns might have looked a lot different.
Off to Minny and again another tough away schedule and then eventually a 9 game home stand in March. What’s with that Mr. Scheduler.

Back