Canucks 2023-2024 season

Flipping the puck out of the zone steadily in the 3rd was crazy, puck control and carry it down the ice to create chances is what they need to get back to, RT was all over that in the post game. Entertaining game to watch for sure and the kid kept them in it to the end.

Tough loss but in my opinion in the 3rd and OT they gave the Oilers way too much respect. Playing timid and standing back gave the Oilers all the momentum they needed. Unfortunately the Canucks were gassed. Good entertaining game so on to Edmonton. The missed call on McDavid by the refs was unbelievable.

Tough loss but in my opinion in the 3rd and OT they gave the Oilers way too much respect. Playing timid and standing back gave the Oilers all the momentum they needed. Unfortunately the Canucks were gassed. Good entertaining game so on to Edmonton. The missed call on McDavid by the refs was unbelievable.
Seeing blood on Hughes face and no discussion by the refs baffles me. Like, how did that happen should have entered someones mind.

Does the hockey night in Canada crew have some pact where they will not disparage a player for doing what Cole did on that goal? It’s almost like they’re silent on it.

Does the hockey night in Canada crew have some pact where they will not disparage a player for doing what Cole did on that goal? It’s almost like they’re silent on it.
If Cole's stick hadn't been there, the puck goes on through to Hyman just a metre or two beyond, ready to shoot. Can't blame him for trying to block a pass.

663f07524fe70.image.jpg

If Cole's stick hadn't been there, the puck goes on through to Hyman just a metre or two beyond, ready to shoot. Can't blame him for trying to block a pass.

663f07524fe70.image.jpg
These guys know exactly what direction the puck is going to go. Unless they're bumbling idiots, obviously.

They're very different teams, but still so closely matched. I think the longer the series goes, the better Vancouver’s chances are. EDM can't keep double shifting their top line forever, something gonna give.

And that would be one reason why the Canucks are capable of going further in the playoffs than EDM. The others being they have better goaltending and more depth in the 3rd and 4th lines.

Wether or not the Oil slick win this series , I cannot see them winning the cup, they only have one line that provides any offence , so imbalanced , below average goaltending and weak defence, not a championship formula

They're very different teams, but still so closely matched. I think the longer the series goes, the better Vancouver’s chances are. EDM can't keep double shifting their top line forever, something gonna give.

And that would be one reason why the Canucks are capable of going further in the playoffs than EDM. The others being they have better goaltending and more depth in the 3rd and 4th lines.

That and the first line is full of cherry pickers

Fun fact: Ken Dryden had only played 6 reg season NHL games before going on a playoff run that ended with a Stanley Cup.

It looks like Van has three good Goalies. Demko is currently the best, however, he has a history of being subject to injury late in the season. Perhaps the issue is more with the management/coaching team in that maybe all he can handle is 15 to 20 games or so without getting hurt. Will Van. hold on to all three Goalies, or look to trade someone? If Demko can't handle a full season and playoffs on an ongoing basis he would sure make a great shared/backup Goalie. Hopefully he can get healthy and stay healthy for a full season and playoffs.
Silovs looks like he could have a long term role with the Canucks. The kid has no fear, looks like he is just having fun and does not seem to even understand he should be feeling some pressure, but that could come with time. He was not expected to be this good, but as that expectation develops, so will the pressure. A little early to say how good he will be in the long term.
To bad about DeSmith getting injured, but that is what happens when officials tolerate Goalies getting deliberately run. Without that injury, however, would Silovs have got the chance to prove himself?

Last edited:
Back