Canucks 2021 Season

We got the sweep and some good confidence back. even though it was Ottawa it's very tough to beat any team 3 games str8. Demko bailed them in 1st period of game 2, it was great to see Holtby also have a good game in the last 1, things definitely look better than they did pre Ottawa, lol.

I'll be happy if we can come home with a 500 record (or 6 pts) from this 6 game road trip, anything better would be awesome (pipe dream I know, lol).

It looks like Hawryluk is almost ready to play, he comes off IR on feb 6, If he is going to play they need to make a roster move, the article I read had the author thinking that this could be the end of Eriksson, I'm not so sure as they just don't get much cap space back from this move for the versatility and ins. he brings to the team and they'd still have to pay his salary (I believe the cap space gained would be just over 1m., could be wrong) . I'm thinking if Virtanin remain s a scratch for a few more games that maybe they just give up on him and put him on waivers, he would be claimed for sure (probably Calgary, hahaha) . I was all for giving him the shot this year but now I'm finally convinced that he just doesn't give a **** and is not going to give it his all. Hoglander continues to be more and more impressive, and this kid is playing against the other teams top line most of the time, I love this kid.

last but not least. I loved the way they set up Tkachuk at the end of the game (game 3), big Zack is standing right by Tkachuk after the play stops, Gaudette skates by him from behind and gives him a wack, of course Brady goes nuts and Zack is right there waiting for him, now that was a beautiful thing if you ask me. I almost spit my scotch at the end and also the end of the calgary montreal game when both Tkachuk boys left the ice punching boards and glass etc having major melt downs, reminded me of slapshot, lol. Keith must be proud of his sons as being great players but I'm bet he just cringes and wants to smack the buggers when they get into their cheap shot **** ( esp. Matthew) . I remember Keith as a very good and tough player but a very honest player, too bad you can't say that about his sons.

go Canucks, looking forward to tonights game.

Going to be an interesting one tonight, hoping for the best but Winnipeg has had their number for a few years now. Will be another telling story as the Canucks have not done well in Montreal or Toronto lately. Toronto of course will have had 4 days rest as their schedule is tailored made for the short season. Pet peeve of mine as Saturday night is Leafs night no matter what and the rest don't really matter. LOL.
In my opinion Rousell is who I would sit as Virtanen brings a bit more at times. Sure wish he had Mottes motor. Rousell kills penalties so he gets the nod. Gaudette is on the bubble as well particularly if Hawryluk is an upgrade. He didn't get much done in the last Ottawa game. Know nothing of Hawryluk so I can't really comment. Maybe a trade is in order say Gaudette, Rousell and Eriksson to Ottawa to add some experience and in return a reasonable forward ( if they have one) or just wave Rousell and buy out Eriksson and be done with it. Ok, I am dreaming. As for Virtanen I totally agree he is playing like he wants out via trade. He has some value otherwise he will be exposed in the Seattle upcoming lottery for nothing. Get it done JB.

Leafs aren’t looking too bad. @Aces, did you want to etransfer me that hundred smackers now, or cut me a cheque?
Last year for me... pressure’s on.

Massive win considering the Jets lately were 14-1-0 against the Canucks. 1st period the Canucks Chinese fire drill defence barely held but improved significantly as the game progressed. Hoglander and Demko played great? On to Montreal for a back to back and then the almighty Leafs.
I see Sam Bennett in Calgary has asked for a trade. Virtanen for Bennett is worth a look. Equal salaries.

£¥€% Myers. Wow! Guy is a liability on the ice. It’s like he is skating in mud!!!
The guy is getting a lot of minutes on the ice but hasn’t been able to show any improvements.
on a more positive note, the 3rd line is showing some signs of life. We may actually have a half a$$ chance if all players come together and shape up a chemistry.

definitely their best game of the year, took them a period to get going but total domination in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Meyers played better but still not that great, lol. Schmidt still has played as advertised imho gets caught up ice a fair bit like Meyers. The D have full confidence in both goalies now (after a couple of shaky starts to open the season) and are playing the 2 on 1's much better taking away the pass in most cases. I think Benn thought he was a forward on a few shifts, lol. Chatfield looks very solid, definitely a notch better than Julonevi, Hoglander is a stud hog, man that guy is strong on the puck and along the boards easily handling the bigger players, what a work ethic, his goal was great but what he did prior to the goal was effing awesome, highlight reel worthy. It looks like the Canucks "pre season" is finally over.

Anderson left the habs flames game early with flu like symptoms, his covid test last night was neg but if he happens to test positive today or tomorrow the Canucks could end up with a few days off, hoping he doesn't and we play, don't want to break the momentum, lol. Habs will be hungry after that loss to Calgary.

Massive win considering the Jets lately were 14-1-0 against the Canucks. 1st period the Canucks Chinese fire drill defence barely held but improved significantly as the game progressed. Hoglander and Demko played great? On to Montreal for a back to back and then the almighty Leafs.
I see Sam Bennett in Calgary has asked for a trade. Virtanen for Bennett is worth a look. Equal salaries.
i would make that trade in a nanosecond. I honestly don’t know what Virtanen is doing half the time. i would love to have Mottes or Hoglanders heart in Virtanens chest. now you’ve got something

I think Benn thought he was a forward on a few shifts
Yes I'd prefer he stay closer to the blue line but as long as he keeps pounding shots it's all good he's not the most accurate shooter but he's not shy about pulling the trigger and that counts for a lot.

Yes I'd prefer he stay closer to the blue line but as long as he keeps pounding shots it's all good he's not the most accurate shooter but he's not shy about pulling the trigger and that counts for a lot.
Gotta be careful about that. Missing the net is a big problem! If you’re pinching a bit and miss the net, so often the puck goes around the boards and they get an odd man rush the other way.

But yes shooting is important. The most common phrases I’ve yelled at the TV (or or players on my beer league’s second line while I’m resting on the bench) are “Shoot the f*cking puck!” (Usually on PP’s)
The next is “Hit the f*ucking net!”

This was the last time I was a canucks fan. Don’t get me wrong I was DIE HARD for 30 years, but being here, followed by a lockout changed hockey forever for me.
Anyone recognize this game?:
D1D22C63-691A-4E40-8D14-DEFD1BD17FD9.jpegA574E0B6-094E-490B-A49C-D937C41266F7.jpeg9EDBDF2A-3566-47B5-95B0-F8D99452CD16.jpeg

Gotta be careful about that. Missing the net is a big problem! If you’re pinching a bit and miss the net, so often the puck goes around the boards and they get an odd man rush the other way.

But yes shooting is important. The most common phrases I’ve yelled at the TV (or or players on my beer league’s second line while I’m resting on the bench) are “Shoot the f*cking puck!” (Usually on PP’s)
The next is “Hit the f*ucking net!”
100% on these comments...missing the net can turn ugly quickly while D are chipping in...

I am somewhat surprised that the Jets didn't feast on our D...the forwards definitely helped out in that aspect.
We surely need help in that department...

I just cringe when I hear the announcer say "Shot goes wide of the net." How many million a year for open ice shots that go wide?

I just cringe when I hear the announcer say "Shot goes wide of the net." How many million a year for open ice shots that go wide?
To me there is a difference between a sniper who is aiming to beat a goalie off the post or just inside it and just misses by a couple of inches and a guy who winds up a slap shot and misses the net by four feet.

Agreed, those flashy one timers are a bit of a flop when they miss by a yard.

Well, wasn't that just something? Absolute embarrassing team defence structure and execution. Let's just stand around and admire the tenacious Habs forecheck, Game was over after 10 minutes. Thank goodness for the 3rd period mercy rule. No showers for you Montreal.
In my opinion no way an NHL calibre team to a player plays to that level unless they are gassed. Horvat and the top line especially Miller had nothing to give. So why was that's? Schedule? Both Montreal and upcoming Toronto have had an extremely slack schedule and it shows well against the Canucks. Not sure what to expect tomorrow, zero expectations that's for sure.

Well, wasn't that just something? Absolute embarrassing team defence structure and execution. Let's just stand around and admire the tenacious Habs forecheck, Game was over after 10 minutes. Thank goodness for the 3rd period mercy rule. No showers for you Montreal.
In my opinion no way an NHL calibre team to a player plays to that level unless they are gassed. Horvat and the top line especially Miller had nothing to give. So why was that's? Schedule? Both Montreal and upcoming Toronto have had an extremely slack schedule and it shows well against the Canucks. Not sure what to expect tomorrow, zero expectations that's for sure.
Nothing will change with the D until the players change. The forwards showed up and helped on Saturday but not tonight. Not surprised to see a good team take it to our D again.
Hopefully we have some jump in our step tomorrow as we didn’t tonight. Green was sure giving it to em during the timeout...
doubt tomorrow’s practice will be optional

Back