Canucks 2021 Season

I heard it was a wife/girlfriend with a known positive test but still got together with other wives and that’s where it started. They didn’t really say that it was players getting together but can’t throw the better half’s under the bus. ****** deal either way and it’s ruining our team.

"The only public exposure location listed by Vancouver Coastal Health that fits the timeline of the Canucks outbreak is Glowbal, a high-end restaurant in downtown Vancouver, which listed potential exposure dates from March 19 to 27."

“In our group chat with the other wives and girlfriends, some people have been saying they’re completely fine right now,” said Gaudette, before adding that other players and spouses “feel like they’ve been hit by a truck.”

"The varying experiences of the players and family members speaks to how COVID-19 can affect different people to different degrees. Reports indicate that some of the players have been asymptomatic while in isolation, while others have experienced symptoms ranging from fever, fatigue, and headaches, to more severe symptoms."

“He actually started vomiting as well, on top of other symptoms,” said Gaudette about her husband. “But now, he’s definitely feeling much better.”

Gaudette probably has the weakest immune system on the team from his other ongoing health issues so that could be why he tested positive 1st, my guess would be virtanen as he missed a practice feeling ill just before this started, so even though he tested positive later than most he could still be the source, gaudette is taking the heat because he was the 1st pos. test. , I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

Gaudette probably has the weakest immune system on the team from his other ongoing health issues so that could be why he tested positive 1st, my guess would be virtanen as he missed a practice feeling ill just before this started, so even though he tested positive later than most he could still be the source, gaudette is taking the heat because he was the 1st pos. test. , I'm sure we'll find out eventually.
Plus let’s be honest, we all want to blame virtanen for this haha.

Plus let’s be honest, we all want to blame virtanen for this haha.
Seems it was Gaudette, they traded him for a bag of pucks (Highmore, a career 4 goal scorer)to Chicago. Was all the rest of team so pissed at him for getting and spreading Covid that they were forced to get rid of him for nothing?

Seems it was Gaudette, they traded him for a bag of pucks (Highmore, a career 4 goal scorer)to Chicago. Was all the rest of team so pissed at him for getting and spreading Covid that they were forced to get rid of him for nothing?

I certainly don't think it's a coincidence.

I'm not sorry to see him go, hopefully Podkolzin can come and get a few games in this year and some of the other young guys, perfect opportunity for some of the young guys to show what they got.

I had a lot of hope for Gaudette but you could see the coach didn't want to play him in crunch time....that says it all

Both those guys deserve to be in the AHL anyways. No worries taking a shot at another cheap young guy. Jim Benning just can't do anything right these days though. He's just getting ripped. Need Jimbo to go, and need Aquilini's to follow him. Sell the damn team

Bag of pucks on the return so in my opinion there's got to be more to this trade. First, quite possibly Gaudette was patient "0" and without saying so the team management made the move to settle the dressing room. Secondly, Gaudette was an RFA expecting a raise and with the cap not a chance that was going to happen. Thirdly, replaceable on the cheap and management already determined he would be exposed in the ED which in turn possibly saves a space for Lind. Would have preferred a late draft pick though.

Bag of pucks on the return so in my opinion there's got to be more to this trade. First, quite possibly Gaudette was patient "0" and without saying so the team management made the move to settle the dressing room. Secondly, Gaudette was an RFA expecting a raise and with the cap not a chance that was going to happen. Thirdly, replaceable on the cheap and management already determined he would be exposed in the ED which in turn possibly saves a space for Lind. Would have preferred a late draft pick though.
And whatever the issues were, it looks like every other GM knew what they were and had no interest in taking a chance on Gaudette. Chicago was willing to, so got him for nothing.

Pretty sure the RFA thing was a huge factor

i’ve been incredibly patient with Benning but the way he’s handled the money and cap situation the last couple years is flat out unacceptable.
“ oh but he’s good at drafting.”
Is he? Judd Brackett did most of the scouting and Hughes and Petey both fell to him.
If you watch what Dubas is doing in Toronto; that’s a gm. he’s right up against the cap and is still making shrewd moves to bolster his already good team. ( i hope they go out in the first round but i digress) Benning can’t seem to figure it out and in fact says things like” we aren’t going to do much at the deadline because the guys have been through enough.”

Ummm isn’t it your job to improve the team? Plus he hands out insane contracts like he’s handing out candy. I like Pearson but with the way the market is NHL wide, he overpaid again. Plus he handed him a no trade, expansion proof clause for the agents asking price ALL IN ONE DAY. no negotiations or back and forth whatsoever.

Aquilinis should go full mobster and take him out on a deep sea fishing trip.

“ oh but he’s good at drafting.”
Is he?
Benning drafted Virtanen over Ehlers and others, Juolevi over Tkchuk, and McCann over Pastrnak. Then traded McCann for the pylon Gubrandson. Cap management has been AWFUL. Pearson over-pay is minor in comparison to the obvious one Ericksson, but he paid a whole bunch or 4th liners big $ too. We get to watch Beagle at 3million get even slower for another year, Watch Roussel also at 3 million try to catch up to guys and hook or slash them because he cant. Virtanen at 2.5, we have 3 million in cap space for another year on Luongo. This year Sutter was paid 4.3 million, Baertschi almost 2.5 to play in Utica. Overpaying and mis-manageing the cap make it impossible to win. There is a reason the canucks will finish in the bottom third of the league, again.

Not a story book ending is it but a strong 2022 will soften the mis- management. Unfortunately that is not going to happen as the cap next year as mentioned by PEF will most likely drive the Canucks to the bottom 3rd of the league. The over bloated bottom 6 contracts and Eriksson is the telling story for JB. Pearson I am kinda ok with as he is a complementary player who brings a pedigree useful to team management. Actually his contract is 1st yr NMC, 2yr M-NTC, 3rd yr. no protection. As for Roussel for comment.
As for Dubas unlike JB he has a circus of top end decision makers with a ton of experience. Canucks management wise are on a shoe string budget and it's really starting to show. Perfect example is the recent trade manipulation by a few teams to take advantage of the cap loophole. In my view no different than the Loungo cap fiasco but for some unexplained reason it's ok now.

Last edited:
A friend told me just now he heard it's because Gaudette wife been a nightmare.
Gaudette’s tenure with the Canucks didn’t end with a storybook finish. Instead, it landed the label of patient zero for the team’s coronavirus outbreak.

Vancouver was already looking to trade the forward, but Gaudette bringing COVID into the locker room did not sit well with some of his teammates.

Incredible come back from the boys tonight. They definitely did an excellent job of containing the Leafs attacking power. Luck was on their side tonight as well but overall, it was a job well done considering all the circumstances.

Back