Canucks: 2011/2012

One thing most don't realize is there is a opt out clause in Lu's contract for the team. So the team can opt out of the contract after the 15-16' season. So really it's like a 4 year contract paying him 6.7mill a year with a cap hit of 5.33,mill. I really don't think it's all that hard to move. Tampa will be first in line but Toronto will be close by as well.

I've always thought Raymond (or Ballard) + Luongo for Malone +2nd rd (or 1st if they can swing it) is doable. Think of first two lines then:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Malone (power forwards like crazy with Kes in middle)
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Weise- Maholtra (or whoever)-Ebbet/Kassian (Kassian should be in minors next year)

Should Ballard be traded we save $5mill next from that trade (If Raymond then 3 Mill), then sign Schneider for 3.5 I'm betting, so $1.5 extra. Plus cap is expected to go up to around $67-68mill. That's 4 more million, Sal retiring add another 2mill to that, could be looking to make a decent offer to Suter or Weber...but that is a bit of a long shot, never know though.

SG....

I am also a big fan of Malone; love that guy and for 32 he still has a couple of good years in him.

I too would like to see us somehow get rid of the Ballard contract but it could be a toughie to move.

I like you're thinking all in all in the above post but are you sure the cap is supposed to be going up that much? I thought I had heard if anything it "may" drop a bit?

That's what my buddy said too that it would drop, but from all the research I did (aka Google) it seemed most pundits were saying it would go up to 68 or 69 and then the NHLPA may even impose their right to raise it by 5% (Allowed to do it once over term of contract) and since it's the last year most believe they will, so that could boost it up to $72mill.

If Lou is shopped I can really see the most likely team being TO. Brian is under the gun to get that team into the playoffs...for him and the leafs that would be as good as winning the cup right now. This evens out the advantage that Gillis would give up trading him to any other team. Trouble is what do you get back for him? Maybe a solid now player and a 1st round pick. Then hope they finish near the bottom again and get a high draft pick out of it.

Ya, I forgot that Lou has a desire to win a cup before he's done...TO might be his last choice.

how the hell does liking the HAWKS equate in to being a traitor or not rooting for my province, ....holmes*
Hey CHESTER, Just in case you need to be reminded ...............(this is not your province) You are an import. I as a born and raised BC'er have deemed to allow you in my province.....buuuuuut I can revoke that priviledge at any time. HAHAHAHA

(All in fun, Lil buddy)

Last edited by a moderator:
We should be talking about game 5 rather than where Luongo might be going lolol. But on the topic, if Luongo does leave, I worry that Schneider will be ripped to pieces by the media and fake fans within a year or two. The finger gets pointed very quickly in this city/province. You basically need to take a pay cut and always perform at or above your potential or you're TOAST in this market, especially if you're a goalie. Remember when everyone loved Luongo and he could do no wrong?? that is exactly how everyone views Schneider right now. just sayin.

We should be talking about game 5 rather than where Luongo might be going lolol. But on the topic, if Luongo does leave, I worry that Schneider will be ripped to pieces by the media and fake fans within a year or two. The finger gets pointed very quickly in this city/province. You basically need to take a pay cut and always perform at or above your potential or you're TOAST in this market, especially if you're a goalie. Remember when everyone loved Luongo and he could do no wrong?? that is exactly how everyone views Schneider right now. just sayin.

It isn't any different in any other city. Everyone loves being an armchair manager. I would love to see the Nucks get tougher on defence. Lou is still a good goalie with lots of value in the trade market. Not too sure gillis can get it done. Still not liking the last trade he pulled off.

....there is nothing back there worth as much as me, so that would be a very bad trade....holmes*

There has to be a bag of pucks somewhere back there? ;)

:D

Holmes, straight-up trade for anyone who knows when enough is enough and just shut up once in a while. Really don#t give a damn who he cheers for. I am not referring to this particular thread about hockey but if a couple female fisherpersons were to have a short conversation on knitting, holmes would jump in there and put his two cents in, wanted or not !!

ENOUGH you 2 or ill take you out back of the wood pile!!! LOL LOL

OK back to what we should be talking about!!! How long is it going to take to figure out when this next game is going to be played !!!! you would think DFO is running it and cant make a RIGHT decision!!!!its not like this was going to seneak up on them for a time!!!! they knew WAY in advance of this.... yes common sense is a super power!!!!!

Wolf

"ENOUGH you 2 or ill take you out back of the wood pile!!! LOL LOL"
now that you've heard the howl of the lone wolf..where's group the hug app Lipster ;):p :D

Yeah i know holmes but they must have had some sort of plan when the playoff schedule was first announced like 2 weeks ago when the seeds where placed just like DFO maybe tell us the day before!!!!WHY im so pissed is ive got a chance to get 4 tickets to the game and kinda need to know WHAT FRICKEN TIME cause need to know if I have to spend the night or not!!!???to make a decision!!!!
BUNCH OF YAHOOS

where's group the hug app Lipster ;):p :D

endless-fight.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You think media and fan attention is no different in any other city??

Every fan base is similar. The only difference is the length of time since the teams last championship. The longer the time frame and the closer the team is to achieving the championship the greater the criticism. The grumbling is there just not as loud. Look at Toronto and Montreal. It seems that a lot of the USA the fans just stay home. In Canada we don't boycotte the rink we just armchair manage and coach.

Back