Canucks: 2011/2012

MEANWHILE... there was this hockey team in Vancouver - where I, too, was born & raised - called the Canucks. Maybe someone should start a thread dedicated to this club. Good idea or no?

My God, the extraneous banter on this thread can get unnerving sometimes...

Was going to post my accolades of the outcome last night but after a few beers I decided to wait till the AM and WHAM-O... 6-pages later everyone's still beaking-off at each other.

Nice to see a team show up last night, especially the offense. I knew the 'Wiener' would be awesome and he was.

I'm also inclined to agree that this run, however short it may be, could spell the end of Lou. How they'd unload him I don't have a clue; maybe in a 'bundle-deal' like on the Pickers.

Sunday nights' game should be a good one. Spin some chicken's on the barbie maybe. I like rippin' **** apart and gettin' grease all over my face just before a game - Canuck carnivore!

YES get back to the canucks guys this is really wearing a little thin!!!!! As for the game was alittle nervous in the 1st and Ramonds play now after a year your going to ummmm whatver that was as feeble as it was a "body check"holy christ that boy has a hard enough time skating on his own let alone check someone and the puck was there to take!!! WTF man grab it and pass it off to a player hopefuly one of ours.....
LOVED sedin smacking brown in the face good to see some back at ya attitude!!!!!

Aslo thinking thats it for LOU move over buddy there is a new sheriff in town and his name is Schneider!!!!!!

Last thing we want is to get this thread deleted enough already by all parties!!!!

Wolf

This thread is like the playoffs, full of cheap shots. It's time to hand out some suspensions.

MEANWHILE... there was this hockey team in Vancouver - where I, too, was born & raised - called the Canucks. Maybe someone should start a thread dedicated to this club. Good idea or no?

LH....unless you could make it a private group you can guarantee that Chester will be in it beaking off with his usual broken record diatribe. :rolleyes: We all understand he dislikes the Canucks but he just can't shut up about it or come up with ANYTHING mildly original. Me thinks that being in camp is making him cuckoo.....and if he spends the summer in there we should hope that he bans himself from PC use. ;)

Now....on BCFR we could have a thread "dedicated to the club" because you can create groups which are by invite only AND private.

For the record....although I grew up in Wpg and "did" like the Jets I was always a Flyers fan. Some may ask "why" when you don't live there? Well when I was a wee fella my Dad would cheer for anyone BUT the Flyers during those cup battles in the 70/80's (he hated the 'bullies')....wanting to go against Papa I would cheer for the Flyers and have always liked them since then. Yes....I did cheer for the Jets as our family had season tickets but the Flyers were always my team.

When I left MB in 1994 I was intrigued by the Nucks but still had a bit of a soft spot for the Jets; in saying that I was disgusted by the city and it's lack of support or any local ownership stepping up to keep the team there. When 35-45K showed up at the Forks to cry about the team leaving I just shook my head that ALL of these people were crying but they could barely get 10K to show up for a game. When the twats in the Peg all went the route of cheering for the "Phoenix Jets" I belched in their direction :) and began cheering for the Nucks and have not looked back since then. I'll always cheer for the Nucks and support them as frustrating as they can be.

Holmos like Chester will always ***** about Canuck fans because that is all he sees as he is "behind enemy lines" and he'll judge the fans. Funny though....you go into any market and you can make the exact same criticism of the fan base as it's NOT just isolated to Nuck Nation. Oddly enough....the only market you'll see where the fans are outstanding is in Winnipeg or Manitoba; it's understandable this year as they're just thankful to have a team and something to do other than freeze their nuts and titties off during the winter. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nervous first period-great to see the Sedins playing with grit-couldn't believe the payback on Brown-don't condone it but every cheap shot eventually comes back to getcha!! May have got the team going. We are not out of the woods yet but Quick can be beaten and maybe that was the most important thing to come out of last nights game -except of course for the win. Obviously we are going to eat our Goalie(lou)- we always do-how bout a Raymond, Lou package-any takers?

Given the team won the Presidents cup two years running, I cannot imagine letting the coach go. Lou would command a good price as he won over 30 games. It would be very difficult to bring in new talent without weakening the team. The real bummer is they keep finishing the playing season near the top so the draft low. That will cause problems. Where is a Toe Blake when you need him. Trade off those players who have just passed their prime for newer talented players or really good draft choices.

Lou would command a good price as he won over 30 games. .

He would but you also have to look at the flip side; GM's around the league are VERY aware of the predicament that Gillis is in right now. Gillis is FAR from being in the driver's seat in any negotiations in trying to move Lou, as although he consistently wins 30+ games he also comes with a lengthy contract. The one good thing for teams looking at taking Lou on now is his cap hit AND salary are palatable as his years of earning $10M with a ~$5.5M cap hit are now over.

Getting a high draft pick doesn't mean you're going to have a good team in a few years...... just ask half the league or Columbus if you want a prime example. I think its pretty funny how according to the fans Luongo has pretty much been traded. I'm not so sure about that but we'll see. Goalies are going to be highly sought after this summer but he has a big contract that doesn't end until 2022. I think it would be very interesting to see what other GM's would offer for him.... Luongo just might hoist the cup before the Canucks do, be careful what you wish for. Goalies have ups and downs and in the last 10 years its impossible to deny that he is world class.

Getting a high draft pick doesn't mean you're going to have a good team in a few years...... just ask half the league or Columbus if you want a prime example. I think its pretty funny how according to the fans Luongo has pretty much been traded. I'm not so sure about that but we'll see. Goalies are going to be highly sought after this summer but he has a big contract that doesn't end until 2022. I think it would be very interesting to see what other GM's would offer for him.... Luongo just might hoist the cup before the Canucks do, be careful what you wish for. Goalies have ups and downs and in the last 10 years its impossible to deny that he is world class.

Completely agree hambone. I am not a massive fan of Lou but I also don't think he is garbage goalie.....sure, maybe you'd think my thoughts were otherwise if sitting next to me having a beer watching a game as I yell at him through the TV :eek:, but he's not that bad. Yes he has a propensity for letting in a softie on most games which is frustrating but he's FAR from being traded and FAR from a sh*t goaltender. ;)

You sure as h**l don't want to trade Schneider. The Nucks historically have traded poorly giving up good under developed talent for more developed but less talented past their prime players who fade in a year or two.

Holmes, you are right this is a chat forum. It's not the playground in elementary school. Ease up on the name calling and the instigating. Chat forums like this are not supposed to be about name calling, arguing, and antagonizing. I think you try too hard bud. Did you grow up in toronto area and have some heart break cheering for the leafs so you decided to cheer for a dominate team like the hawks? I always wonder how guys can cheer for a team across the country and probably have only visited the city a few times in their life. Where's the passion from Holmes? Why do you scream Blackhawks? Oh one more thing.....Respect the locals! The true born and raised.
Amen to that brother! Hey Holmes are you one of these transplanted big mouth easterners who like to pretend thier a B.C boy?

You sure as h**l don't want to trade Schneider. .

I think everyone agrees with that and recognizes it but at this point if something doesn't have before the draft you just may have to. SOMEONE is definitely going to throw an offer sheet at him and I am sure Cory recognizes and wants to be the #1 in a club. Rather than just letting him walk with the draft pick you get out of an offer sheet (if I recall correctly) they'll be forced to try and do a deal to get his negotiating rights or something along that line.

We can only hope it doesn't come to that but I know my crystal ball is fuzzy and I can't tell what's gonna happen between now and July 1. ;)

Listen up guy's...Dad has spoken "shut the lights off and go to bed you have school in the morning"

Very nervous first period-great to see the Sedins playing with grit-couldn't believe the payback on Brown-don't condone it but every cheap shot eventually comes back to getcha!! May have got the team going.

I was so excited to see the sedins do their thing and really play with some grit. In my eyes they are pretty tough hockey players. Strong on the puck, willing to go in the corners, and willing to play injured. Hope they turn on their playoff grit for game 5 too. That's what we need from a few others too. Cough cough kesler! Wheres is beast mode?

Back