CANUCKS'- 2010

They will figure out a game plan for game 5 and win. I really think Cory should play game 6. He's from the Boston area and my gut says he would do a better job in that building. If we win game 5 it would be hard for AV not to let Lou try and close it out and be on the ice for the final seconds. But winning is the goal and I think Cory would be the guy in Boston.

I do feel Vancouver can win game 5 because they have to win game 5. Vancouver seems to win those must need win games...... even with playing injured and guys out.

If they are going to win in Boston I really like the Cory in game 6 idea Profisher. That change up might not win them game 6 but certainly could cause Boston difficulty (in figuring out a new and good goalie) . If they can at least stay in the game, play well in Boston and keep it close , even without a win, to be competitive and tough would likely set the stage for game 7 in Vancouver and give them more confidence and a win in game 7 win with Luongo back in Vancouver. Luongo will have had a rest too which I think he needs ( case in point he played better with more rests this season) This game is so much about momentum swings. Getting the swing back and getting that confidence back seems a key factor .

Tim Thomas is a great goalie and I think at times he is so good he makes Luongo look inferior (even though Luongo is also a great goalie) Thomas needs lots of shot shot, shot shot, as Bieksa likes to say .... east /west plays on him ( as everyone is saying) and more deflections from guys infront. Vancouver needs to score more goals- that part is easy to say.....

Bottom line Lou shouldn't be blamed for the 2 losses. AV could have started no goalies and the score could have been 100-0. The nucks still had no goals..and you can't win if you don't score!!! The forwards have a job to do as well and even a single first period goal would have changed how the games were played. I think they have fake shots from the point once in awhile and have someone kick out to the side behind Thomas knowing he will come way out. Fake the shot and try and get it to the guy off to the side....make Thomas stay deeper in the net to protect the open side behind him.

this is the year the canucks are gonna STOP being like lucy holding the football for charlie brown!!! They will find a way! Lou is gonna put all the doubters behind him in these next 2 games!!!! nucks in 6!!!!!

After 1: More **** reffing! They call Sedin for pushing a guy from behind - with no stick - yet Chara can get away with cross-checking Raymond into the boards face-first like a puppet. Sick!

Good PK for the Nucks but we have to stay out of the box to score. Look to the refs to even-up the calls in the 2nd.

Little reluctant to continue posting on this site with all the bullshite going on with this site, I suggest all those read and post their reviews to the post "What is with sportfishing b.c."

On a more positive note, appears were one away from the cup!!!! Truly look forward to Holmes input on the subject, if ever we meet, regardless of outcome the pops are on me. I had more LMAO than I can handle.

WHAT A F'ING GAME!

We got the Bears right were we want them; they need 2 - we need 1.

Huge comeback for Lou! Who'd a thunk?

It would be cool to see them win it at home but in light of the sodomizing we took in Beantown in games 3 & 4... I'd have no issues with the boys' puttin' them away Monday night!

Go Nucks!

Luo made some amazing saves and his focus was unbelievable. Loved his interview with his bro there. I wish I could smack around the so called fans that always judge him when the TEAM loses.

Do the nucks read this thread? Shot off the net, get it behind Thomas when he comes out, can't scramble back in time, we score. Tight game, can they hold them off in beantown now? Thank god we won the Pres Cup!!!

Little reluctant to continue posting on this site with all the bullshite going on with this site, I suggest all those read and post their reviews to the post "What is with sportfishing b.c."

On a more positive note, appears were one away from the cup!!!! Truly look forward to Holmes input on the subject, if ever we meet, regardless of outcome the pops are on me. I had more LMAO than I can handle.

Great Game we had an answer for Bostson now it's time to turn your sites on the formetioned topic "what is wth sports fishing b.c"

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Game we had an answer for Bostson now it's time to turn your sites on the formetioned topic "what is wth sports fishing b.c"

X3 Boys. Ladies and Gentlemen please do include your input to this thread: http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/showthread.php?16129-What-is-with-sportfishing-b.c.

BTW - Yes it was a great game, still not sure all of the calls are evenly balanced, just doesn't seem so when you watch them back, but the outcome was what we all, (well except Holmes) wanted to see. One more to go!

Great game. Huge amount of theatrics. Wish the refs would give unsportsmanlike penalties or lone diving calls to "unsoccerize" the game.
Luongo was a stud. How about Tanev? Without Thomas this series would already be over. Thomas wins the Conn Smythe regardless of which team wins the cup in the end.
The suits that attended the game actually did their part for a change. Great fan support for the team. Well done fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was at the game last night and loudest I've ever heard that building, was super impressed, there was almost never a quiet moment!!!! From what I remember of it anyway LOLOL Unreal time!!!!!!!!!

Wow... I guy goes away on a lodge fishing trip for a week with no TV.... a few twists and turns ....I'll stick to my origainal call in 6 games it will be done tommorow :)

Thomas is already awake. I don't think their is any way he can play any better. He has been amazing. The Canucks have not had any bounces in Boston. Maybe they get a couple of things to go their way tonight and get the win in Boston. I am anticipating a close game either way. Kesler was the only Canuck not practicing yesterday. Still fighting the groin pull I suspect.

So what do you all think about Lous comment about him being able to pull the save off easy no problem arrogant I am the greatest kind of talk, Thomas has kicked butt in this series I think he should have kept his spagetti filled yap shut no need to wake a sleeping bear den.

I think the sound bite was taken out of context. From what I heard, he said he stays at home, so that would have been an easy save for him BUT then he added, Thomas is out there running around all over the place AND MAKES SOME SAVES I WOULDN'T, just not this one. He's commenting on different styles, and had the acceptable self-depreciating comment to go with it that Canadian middle-of-the-road demands.

By the media hype response, you'd think he said "the guys a bum, would be lucky to play in the ECHL, etc etc".

Thing is, everyone complains about them saying nothing but cliches in these interviews. Then when they do say something, they get jumped on --- back to the cliches, that's the safe bet.

Whatever! Game on tonight....tough row to hoe in the Gah-den.

Back