Cannon downriggers

B

Brisco

I've been a Scotty guy untill a year and a bit ago when I bought the new boat.To make up for some boo-boos,the manufacturer gave me two new Mag 10.Recently one of the gears on the counter seemed to be slipping.I called down to the states to order new gear.The guy at Cannon sent me new gears and reels for both downriggers FREE! Even though the warranty is up.I recieved them in 3 days.It amounted to over 100 bucks in product.I kinda like my Cannons now.

that sounds like good service to me...
i've also been a loyal Scotty user for years and have
no complaints about their products.
never tried Cannon, but i'm sure they are good also !

I used to have 4 Cannons on my old boat. When I sold the boat, I let 3 of them go with the boat because it was so difficult to get parts or service on them. I bought 2 new Scotty's instead.

However, I recently needed some service on my one Cannon. Went wonderful. They were great to deal with. I found out that Cannon was recently sold and their new owner wants to change the "difficult" lable. I've heard several good reports about there current level of service and parts availability. Brisco's e-mail confirms that. However, I still love my Scotty's and won't be changing back anytime soon.

The features I like are the option of power down or manual down.Also they have built in ion control which I have measured at .69 volts.So there is no need to buy a black box.

The cannons do power down. I have had the digitrol IV for 5 years and love them. I have done nothing as far as service and they just work great I just rinse them off with saltaway after every use. They are quite a bit more expensive then the scottys but occationally you can get a deal on ebay. I have freinds that have the scottys top of the line electrics and they are replacing belt or the little bead all the time. I'm not even sure that the cannons have belts.
The digatrol can also be programed to keep the ball a certain feet above the bottom. Which is great when you are not paying attention or fishing alone. If they are in the budget I would recomend them.

I have cannons for my 14 foot aluminum and i love then :D

I would never guess someone with the name Knucklebuster would use Cannons. Which model do you have? I think the scottys are a nice product too but they just seem to need so much servicing.

I must be fortunate then as I have never had any trouble with my Scotty downriggers ,used them now for 10 years and the only issue was to change out the cable on both after 6 years.

AL

Last year i took my ten + year ols scotty's into the downrigger clinic they have at harbour chandler in nanaimo every may.When i went back to pick them up that afternoon they told me they were going to take one of them back to victoria as something was wrong with the motor.I got it back four days later shipped to me free of charge with a new motor.Thats good service:)

A bit of competition is good to keep good service and prices in check.Sure Scotty makes good products.How many of you have gone to the tackle shop and feel afterwards like you should call the cops?

alley you have done well. It seems like my freind brings his in every other year to replace the belts. On out last trip to winter harbor we kept losing the little beads.

Back