campion

I wishy washed about tabs but decided that I'd more than likely want them at some point so told the dealer to install a set of Bennett's as part of the rigging they're doing before I pick up the new boat. Can't hurt and for sure can help.

I wishy washed about tabs but decided that I'd more than likely want them at some point so told the dealer to install a set of Bennett's as part of the rigging they're doing before I pick up the new boat. Can't hurt and for sure can help.

Trust me you will love them especially when its rough out and you have a few guys you can "trim" the boat and it gives you soo many options, even my ol lodge boat had them we used to get some huge people up there that made me look small LOL was nice to have them 3 big guys in a boat you really cant shift that weight around trim tabs make it possable.Congrats on the new boat.

Good luck wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Trust me you will love them especially when its rough out and you have a few guys you can "trim" the boat and it gives you soo many options, even my ol lodge boat had them we used to get some huge people up there that made me look small LOL was nice to have them 3 big guys in a boat you really cant shift that weight around trim tabs make it possable.Congrats on the new boat.

Good luck wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Thanks all for your input, picked up the new to me boat, 2006 campion542 115yam and 8hi thurst kicker. 90 hrs on boat, trim tabs and some nice xtras, can't wait to get on the water. Now to sell my K&C.:):) JDR

Hey JDR, congrats, you won't be disappointed with the purchase. The exact same setup as SeaWolf, I have been on his 542 on numberous occassions including Bajo Reef in Nootka and 7 mile in Barkley Sound.

SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Congratulations JDR, I am sure you will like the new boat!
I did not know this forum was here when I purchased mine. I had to rely on walking up to guys at the launch site and talking to them
and friends. So you talked a lot of boats but not always the type you were looking at.
I have a 135 merc and a friend has a Suzuki about the same size very comparable in mileage and speed.
One suggestion is buy a good net with a long reach because it is quite a ways to the waterline over the side.

campion 542 all 4 stroke mtrs. da--weather . all regesterd now just want to get out. As for a long reach net I took an older net and took the handle off and it slid right inside the handle of my new net with a big bag. the old handle had the lock pin on it so I just drilled a couple of holes in the new handle and now it is adjustable out to 8ft or shorter if I want. Marked a vertical line one the old handle so it lines up with the holes on the new handel. Collapse it all down and stores nicely:)

I have a 2006 542 with the 150 yami and 8 horse kicker on a remote throttle and electric start. 4 years later I still have not seen a boat I would trade it for knowing it is small enough to be easily trailered around, Big enough to take out on the open ocean safely as long as there is no small craft warnings, easy to fish up to four people out of, and has a great place to store gear and a porta-potty for the wife! I knew guys with the same boat that had both the 115 and the 150 and after talking to them and riding in their boats, the 150 was the choice even for the extra cost and have not regreted the choice. You will love the boat!!!!

Back