Campion Explorer 542 opinions

jbv

while i'm at it i might as well ask about this boat, which i believe is very common. another smallish, not high end boat that looks like it would be fairly comfortable and have a bit of storage. made in BC. varying opinions on the web in general, some say the hulls are too thin, some say the fittings are too cheap. others say they are great.

while i'm at it i might as well ask about this boat, which i believe is very common. another smallish, not high end boat that looks like it would be fairly comfortable and have a bit of storage. made in BC. varying opinions on the web in general, some say the hulls are too thin, some say the fittings are too cheap. others say they are great.
Having owned several boats including the Campion 682 I currently own in my opinion Campions are a mid tier boat. Mine is a 2004 , still in great condition , zero hull / structural issues and I use it lots ( just dragged it into Fair Harbour/ Kyuquot Sound ) The hull is solid but it could be thicker for sure, it’s no Pursuit , Grady or top end boat but it’s better than many other manufacturers , again it’s a mid-tier boat. Haven’t had any real issues with the trim/ hard ware so the fittings are okay, all the stainless components are in good shape but it’s a 17 year old boat so there is always something to fix, tighten , replace…

Awesome boats, I had a 2000 542 for 11 years and just sold it last year for $6000 more than I paid for it. I took it off Pine Island, Nahwitti bar, Bajo off Nootka with zero issues. Well built boats in my opinion and very popular. I recently upgraded to a Grady Seafarer as my family is now older and we have a grandson, we just needed more room. To compare the Seafarer is only 6 inches wider than the 542, the 542 is a great platform. The newer 542 has the self bailing hull, a great feature.

Back