Campion 622 ht review

I was looking at the explorer 21.5 622 walk around with a 200 Yamaha. I'm not sure if it's called a sedan. It been around for quite a few years but not much for reviews online.

IMO, Campion builds a very solid boat (I had a 542). Be very careful with the Yamaha engine if it's mid 2000 vintage as there were horrendous problems with internal corrosion, which if not caught early, essentially meant replacement. Google Yamaha corrosion issues for more info.

I thought the corrosion was more of a problem with the yamaha 225? Maybe the 200 was the same block back then it's different now. Are u looking at new or used?

The 622WA is not the sedan.
I have the sedan and it's a nice hull for most conditions. If the hull can't take it, you probably shouldn't be out.
The only hull issue I've had is porpoising with the 200 on a pod. Most 622WAs that I've seen have the 200 in a motor well so you should be fine.

As to the Yammie corrosion issue, I was very worried about this. My Yamaha mechanic told me that mine (2005 with 500hrs) was 100% fine.
My rig is trailered and the motor is rinsed after sw use.
According to him, the horror stories come from long term mooring and are exacerbated by mooring in electrically 'hot' marinas.
Thus the reason most of the horror stories originate in Fl.

My understanding is the 200-250 use the same 3.3L block with varying levels of intake/exhaust tweaks being the sources of the hp changes.

My only MAJOR beef with my sedan is that water is getting in somewhere. It shows up under the step into the cabin. Campion's reply is basically, what problem? Aargh.

Olde school I have a different boat but the same problem in the same spot. Pulled carpet under there last weekend and it's just glass under there.....from various other threads on here I'm thinking on trying to reseal wiper motor....or windshield.....or door......

Anyway I feel your pain man,

GnB

Back