Campbell River Report

yammy5

Was at Painters for the weekend and fishing has really picked up off the lighthouse this past week. Sunday morning, one guide came in from the morning 4hr charter with a 25lb and lost a 15lb at the boat to a seal. The second guide hooked into 8 springs, landed 4 (8 to 12lbs) and lost another two to seals. On saturday they had a few in the 20's and more in the teens. A good number were white and some marbled springs. Glow hootchies from 160' to 180' were hot (especially the lemon meringue). They were feeding heavily on herring and needlefish. Good to see some fish showing up!

any word of fish a little farther north ( browns bay/ Greensea

Sorry I didn't get any reports north. The guide boats were only running to the lighthouse on 4hr charters. They gave me the impression that they were doing better now than in previous years.

I live in Campbell River and do most of my fishing around here. At present, most guys are fishing the light and hump (depends on the tide) as there are a fair number of springs around. As Yammy5 indicates, 160+ with glow hootchies or coyote spoons has been the meal ticket. Have heard of some springs at Brown's and further north, but why burn the fuel if there are fish closer to town.

the reason I ask is that I am moored in Browns Bay so I have to run a ways to get to the hump :)

Chris did you launch at Kitty ? If you are looking for some company some eveing gimme a call.

Chris any night is OK, the tides look good, Talk to ya later.

Back