campbell river reoprts??

I know a guy that fished from the off a Mudge and limited out today. With nice fish. He was fishing the trough. 250 ft

It only makes me wonder why OBMG brings their guests to the Comox Valley to fish when Campbell River is the "Fishing Capital Of The World". Maybe we should call the lodge and ask them why? The fish are there and they have tails and swim. Go Find Them.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are just trying to make sure their clients get a fish. Get territorial and the next thing, guides in other areas we fish will be asking us for a passport to fish in "Their" waters!!! LOL!!

But if I owned the boats and paid the fuel bills would I want my guides to travel that far when the are fish closer to home? Hell No.
If I was a guest with a time limit would I want my guide to drag me further then need be to catch fish? Hell No.
Only blowing 15 knots right now I am willing to bet I know where OBMG boats are right now.

But you don't and your not. They can fish where they want. Just because you dont catch fish doesnt mean they dont. Your posts complaining about obmg and CR are really annoying. Go fish.

Well then don't read them Kelly. I do my best not to read your postings.

As for fishing.......I am going to head out as soon as the wind drops. Boat is ready.

I am not going to fight about it. I am entitled to my opinion. If you don't like it so be it.

I have better things to do. Don't you?

Any one out today, hear fishing is really picking up for salmon and hali??? I was stuck doing yard work so no fishin today

Was out yesterday for the full ebb, no strikes, a few undersized spring and lings released. Saw no nets out. Lots of people jigging the hump at slack.

Saw a sign at Tyee Marine as I drove by today....

It read:

Halis at the Hump

and then I couldn't see it any longer.

Might mean something. grin..

Take care.

The Bite is On

A great fathers day if you fished the Hump. Guess almost 40 boats+. Limits of Springs for most. 15 to 25lbs at 180'. Troll WITH the current. Was out for an hour and landed a nice 22lb.
Talked to fisheries that was counting at Dicovery Marina and said counted 40 springs between 1 and 3pm today and said the fish arrived about 3 days ago, bad news is said they are running fast and may only last a week maybe two

/fishon

Was out their from 12 to 5 today from Salmon Point ramp, caught 1 x 15 lb white flesh sping also. Counted mid afternoon best i could like 60 boats as it was flat calm and awsome day to be out their and not at work. Got with Purple Haze flasher and purple hootchie at 150 feet same as yesterday. But yesterday had one at 200 feet green flasher and 6ft leeder and spoon, but lossed it at the boat it was a nice size one at that, crappers!

Out again today, it was even better limited with twin 15lb'ers one white one red, released a couple undersized and missed on numerouse hits. All fish at 170 feet using only one downrigger as I am fishing by myself. The bite turned on around 11. Going for hali tomorrow!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What you using spoons or hootchies? Have you been doing pretty good for Halibut recently, i have never tried myself in that area. But seems to be one spot which is decent as i saw like 10 boats in that area jigging?

Hali are an illusive creature to me, just gonna give it a good go. Using an Angelo's hootchie( Micheal Jackson). Name is fitting for fishing campbell river cause the tides make my boat moonwalk.

Back