Campbell River Level/Flow

Goats22

Does BC Hydro have to open up the dam to facilitate the salmon run? Was there this past weekend and it was the lowest ive seen, to the point where i doubt fish can even get past certain spots if they do not increase the flow.

1688506991259.png

Pretty sure I recently heard they were going to spill a lot of water for the last couple of weeks in July.

I'm hoping they don't do what happened last year and induce salmon to leave the Tyee Pool and head upstream too early by spilling water at night.

Trying to find that recent announcement.

Take care.

Pretty sure I recently heard they were going to spill a lot of water for the last couple of weeks in July.

I'm hoping they don't do what happened last year and induce salmon to leave the Tyee Pool and head upstream too early by spilling water at night.

Trying to find that recent announcement.

Take care.
that is good to hear. i will keep an eye on the levels over the next few weeks for sure.

seems odd they would open it at night. what is the reasoning, if any do you know?

that is good to hear. i will keep an eye on the levels over the next few weeks for sure.

seems odd they would open it at night. what is the reasoning, if any do you know?

Because there are tons of river users during the day that would not enjoy high water.
Swimmers, tubers and Pink fishers are all daytime users.

Last year they had to spill water as during summer they must maintain lower levels in the watershed so there will be beaches for watershed users and their project required a dry environment so they couldn't hold back water nor spill during the day.

Bit of a juggling act at times.

Take care.

Back