Cab controlled brakes?

saanauk

So technically if you boat weighs over 6,170 pounds you're suppose to have cab controlled brakes. Which means converting surge brakes to electric over hydralic. Have many people done this or just kept on using their surge brakes?

I trailer up to Vancouver Island several times a year and just trying to figure out if this is something I acutally need to spend the $1,000 on or just let it slide.

I did it, cost me about $750 US to buy all teh stuff, installed myself and was a pretty easy job. Works great! I was worried about legal liability if an accident ever did happen so now I have at least one less thing to worry about!

I did it also , from drum / surge to electric over hydralic disc brakes . All i have to say is wow what a differance , glad i did it . Even though my trailer and boat when loaded is only 4100lbs and is hauled with a 1 ton dually. i almost don't need my truck brakes .

Surge brakes suck... you'll end up spending the money fixing them every couple of years if you tow a lot... Can't stand them.... Plus you probably have a nice boat if its over 8000lbs, so no sense in taking a chance... and no need to give ICBC a way out if something did happen.... Sounds like you'll be happy if you change over...

I did it, cost me about $750 US to buy all teh stuff, installed myself and was a pretty easy job. Works great! I was worried about legal liability if an accident ever did happen so now I have at least one less thing to worry about!

What brand did you go with? I called EZ Loader and they quoted me $2500.00 in just parts. Didn't seem right. Every place I called sounded like they had not ever done a conversion. How long did it take you to install?

Back