C-dory

Gypseas

Anyone with C-dorys around? How do you like 'em? Pros//cons?
Have any idea what a 2004 19ft with Honda 90hp 50hrs should go for?
Thanks

gonefishingsign.gif

well c-dory also makes skagits so they must be good quality, check out a thread that was on here a few weeks ago by kelly about buying a new boat we was looking into one i think the consensus was that they were too light and didnt ride very well..
i personally dont agree with there light weight low horsepower designs, when your out there you want to be able to just push the throttle and go

They are NOT BC Boats. THey are good on fuel, but hop along like a frog in any sort of water. And they don't have a stringer system, they are a pure balsa core all the way across the bottom, if you get water ingress, your boat goes downhill very fast. Burn a few extra GPH and get into an eagle or something.

In the low GPH range, an Arima may be better, but don't get caught out there in real 3 footers with it, it will be painfull.

They sell for a lot of money, that's for sure.

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com

quote:Originally posted by Gypseas

Thanks

gonefishingsign.gif

quote:Originally posted by Gypseas

Thanks

Nice boats, but bad hull design for off shore! Great boat for lakes and flat water. Have to agree with Lastchance!

quote:Originally posted by nedarb2

well c-dory also makes skagits so they must be good quality, check out a thread that was on here a few weeks ago by kelly about buying a new boat we was looking into one i think the consensus was that they were too light and didnt ride very well..
i personally dont agree with there light weight low horsepower designs, when your out there you want to be able to just push the throttle and go

That discussion with Kelly was about Arima not C-Dory. All in all, I think they a pretty similar though.

Highliner
Fish2-2.gif

Thanks guys. My brother in Calgary found one on ebay for around 21k. Since he's not a small frame at 270lbs me thinking only a bigger boat would do. And theres no fish boxes and rather limited fishing space. I guess ya don't get much in a 19fter these days.

cheers

gonefishingsign.gif

Back