bye-bye-barbless

Ok have you guys figured out who's dick is bigger and can we get this thread back on track :rolleyes:
My dick was so big I had to get a bigger boat so I wouldn't keep slamming it into everything while running to the rods! In the last ten years though it has shriveled to a peanut.

This is healthy discussion as far as I'm concerned. Thanks guys for the conversation, I mean no disrespect. I am surprised there aren't more on here voicing their prospective. Given how often dfo issues barbed hook fines there should be more contributors.

Care to elaborate on the quote in red, i mooch, would never even think of running off a downrigger and have no problem on C&R mortality?????
I also enjoy mooching on occasion. I've had little issues regarding mortality. The chart I referenced earlier also shows nothing significant mooching vs. down rigger trolling. I would certainly like to see data that contradicts the data I posted.

The OP was about freshwater. The salmon caught in the fresh seems to survive better than those caught in the salt according to some studies; probably cuz they are half-dead & don't struggle as much. In CA moochers must use circle hooks.

The OP was about freshwater. The salmon caught in the fresh seems to survive better than those caught in the salt according to some studies; probably cuz they are half-dead & don't struggle as much. In CA moochers must use circle hooks.
WTF if you pay attention while fishing/mooching and don't feed out 30 ft of line per bite they don't inhale the bait, 99% of the fish i hook are in the nose or side of the mouth, the other 1% foul hooked while yelling at the sportsgraggers to give me some room while being pushed up against the rocks ;)

WTF if you pay attention while fishing/mooching and don't feed out 30 ft of line per bite they don't inhale the bait, 99% of the fish i hook are in the nose or side of the mouth, the other 1% foul hooked while yelling at the sportsgraggers to give me some room while being pushed up against the rocks

True, but 99% of fishers are numb-nuts

Back