Buying an American truck

Bought a 2008 Dodge Ram Laramie 2500 in August.The only problem I had was that Border Services do not prosess vehicles on the weekend.The other thing you might think about is warranty the warranty is void in Canada.(total BS)I have to take it back to the states for the warranty. But I do love my Truck.

quote:Originally posted by casper5280

Bought a 2008 Dodge Ram Laramie 2500 in August.The only problem I had was that Border Services do not prosess vehicles on the weekend.The other thing you might think about is warranty the warranty is void in Canada.(total BS)I have to take it back to the states for the warranty. But I do love my Truck.

our ford warranty transferred across no problem - and we have had it in once on warranty work.

Bring up a 2nd us vehicle this week actually! parents bought an excursion

img3937n.jpg

US Customs require the paperwork for 3 days prior to your exporting the vehicle out of the States. This is presumably so they can check the VIN numbers to see if the vehicle was stolen.

So, you arte stuck with staying over or making a return trip.

There are storage lots, I believe, in Blaine that you could check into and leave it there for the 3 days, but I have no names or numbers for these.

The other thing to check at US Customs is the hours of operation of the export approving guy. Used to be only one person working 8:00-4:00, Monday to Friday. Miss those hours and you're sol. But call the US Customs Office at the border crossing you intend to use to check and confirm hours. This is no hassle thing, as long as the car isn't on the hot sheet. When I brought mine across he didn't even go out to look at the truck.

Back