Bunk carpet

Hi my trailer bunks carpet is warn down and would like to replace it. Just wondering what carpet you used and where to get it thanks

The absolute best stuff I ever used is the old style fire hose.
Its as tough as nails and the boat slides nicely on it.

Hi my trailer bunks carpet is warn down and would like to replace it. Just wondering what carpet you used and where to get it thanks
I wouldn't replace the carpet I would put UHMW (a plastic polymer) in its place. The boat slides way better. Industrial plastics has it.

i bought some plastic covers from roadrunner mike..

What thickness would you go with? Or does it matter? Also would you secure it to the bunks with industrial adhesive or counter sink screws into it?

i bought some plastic covers from roadrunner mike..

I know and like roadrunner mike-not sure what covers he has-I have seen some covers from EZ loader and others that are just pads the size of a bread board. The UHMW I am talking about is 1/2 inch thick-they will cut it in the strip sizes you need-IE. the size of each bunk-countersink and fix with 11/2 to 2 inch stainless screws. A permanent solution-not cheap but good. I could never dry haul my boat on carpet if it didn't come all the way to the rollers on haul out( heavy boat-24 podded Orca). Now I can just winch it all the way on a flat surface-no more slamming brakes on to get it to seat!!! Relief for me and any amused bystanders!!LOL

Back