Bunk Glides question

tyee604

I'm converting the trailer to bunks
Looking for advice on best bunk glider material.
For my DE fiberglass hull with bottom paint
Not doing carpet
What produce out there that slides the best ?

Any body use this stuff Caliber Bunk Wrap

BunkWrap – Caliber Powersports Accessories

www.caliberproductsinc.com
www.caliberproductsinc.com
Is this any good ?

TIA

A lot of guys here use thick starboard and countersink the holes. Let’s the boat slip off nice. I like my rollers on an 18’er though so never put much thought into it.

@zurk What stuff does highliner have that your talking about ?

teflon plastic rectangular tubing which fits over the carpet or wood on your existing bunks and mounting hardware to install it. i believe they also have all plastic teflon bunks if you want to go that route. either way drop by and talk to them.

teflon plastic rectangular tubing which fits over the carpet or wood on your existing bunks and mounting hardware to install it. i believe they also have all plastic teflon bunks if you want to go that route. either way drop by and talk to them.
I have had a Highliner trailer for 20 years and have gone with their advice on original purchase and rebuild. The advice was teflon sliders on the back third or half of the bunks [the slip-on rectangular material on the rebuild]. The story that went with the advice was that full teflon sliders are so slippery when wet that a guy had his boat slide off the trailer as he pulled up the ramp [probably forgot to use the bow eye!].

Last edited:
Back