Built-in tackle box

Rayp

I am looking for advise/suggestions on a tackle box built-in on my inboard cover. I read most of the posts on the forum regarding tackle boxes/storage but I did not find any to do with inboard cover. I had a Sylvan Offshore fisherman that have it built in on the cover and it was very handy easily accessable. I have looked online for anything available on the market but nothing. I might have to get a Hatch access plate and build my own, if anyone has done it and would like to share their work I'd greatly apreciate it.
Ray

Attachments

• 93 sport cabin3.jpg
    93 sport cabin3.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 93 spor cabin5.jpg
    93 spor cabin5.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 188
some pictures of the engine cover and transom would be beneficial in answering your question, if possible.

There are lots of molded plastic tackle storage options that could flush-mount to your cover or elsewhere on the boat. But you would require clearance either in the transom, engine cover, or where some are commonly mounted, in the seat boxes to do so. Otherwise you would have to go with something custom fabbed on top of your engine cover.

Nice looking boat, similar to what I'm working on...

Finished-Business,
Thank you for the reply. I wish I had some picts on file but I don't. I could try and get a couple of shots by going under the shrink wrap with a camera. It is the typical hinged to the floor that swings back towards the front of the boat. I do have some lockable compartments on both sides storages but a bit awkward to get in and out. I am not sure the amount of clearance available inside the engine compartment, it is something to check carefully before cutting anything.
Thank you for the compliment, what are working on?
Ray

Here is what my old tackle boxs looks like

5599a8b8.jpg

Jac, thank you, Yours looks good but I don't have the space for it. My boar has a live well on that spot and a small fridge/stove behind the other seat which I am thinking to remove of the boat for better use of the space. Are you saying that I shouldn't install it on the doghouse because of the heat or? I have a fair bit of 1/4" plexiglass that I use for it.

Gypseas, thank you for the link. These are what I had in mind but only if I can make some changes on the sides rods storage.
Appreciate it, you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back