Brand new fly rods

kunni

Ok, so I'm in South Africa right now, and I visited this one local fly shop. They had these really nice rods, called sensation rods. There made in Korea, and are really nice quality. They come with a rod sock and a hard case. There four piece 5 wt. I probably will have extra room in my bag, so if anyone wants one i can bring up to 2 back. They will cost 70 bucks. Pm me in the next couple of days if your interested.

Kunni

Haven't been able to find any pics of the exact rod, but I do have an okuma SLV flyrod, and the sensation rod is similar to that rod, sensation is a bit nicer though

Kunni

They are nice, not like a sage or a st. Croix, but I bought one, and upon closer inspection, they are as good as a 125-225 dollar rod. I have built a rod before, and the thread job on these are very nice. They are a good rod for someone who is graduating from a cheap fly rod, to a mid range rod, but does not want to spend a crazy amount on a top of the line rod. I am taking one back for myself, and it will probably be my nicest fly rod. I have not cast the rod yet, but feels like a fast action, and is not incredibly stiff, but I would think it would have enough backbone to Cast adecent sized fly.pm me if you want me to bring one back for you. I live in victoria on vancouver island, and I should be back late march early April.

Kunni

Whats the length ? How many eyes? Is the butt section metal below the reel? And weight wise is it super light construction or does it have a little weight to it?

-KK

It's 9 foot, it has 9 eyes and the tip top. The reel seat looks identical to the St. croix bank robber streamer fly rod, except for the fact that the bank robber has a foam fighting butt. There's no butt on this rod, just flat metal. The construction is very similar to my other fly rods that are 5 wt, this one might be a little lighter.

kunni

Sure thing.

Kunni

Back