Bottom painting

JWS

Crew Member
New to Nanaimo area, any recommendations on where to get boat bottom painted?

thanks!

Not in the nanaimo area but i got mine done for 500$ tax in from Jenkins Marine two months ago.

I’m guessing that would not include any removal of old bottom paint and just a light sand?
It was included in the whole deal. removal and fill to make it smooth. i felt that the price was very low for all the labour and paint.

It was included in the whole deal. removal and fill to make it smooth. i felt that the price was very low for all the labour and paint.
Don’t think it includes removal of the old paint. Had mine done a couple years ago by Jenkins and they just applied over it. I can see the old paint underneath in parts where it’s scuffed up. Very happy with their work. Would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Don’t think it includes removal of the old paint. Had mine done a couple years ago by Jenkins and they just applied over it. I can see the old paint underneath in parts where it’s scuffed up. Very happy with their work. Would recommend them in a heartbeat.
I had Jenkins bottom paint my 25’ boat a couple years ago and it was about $2k but included scraping off 1/4 old paint and new epoxy before the bottom paint was applied. Jenkins always does good work

Back