Boredom Relief

Shoveled out 2 yards of topsoil veggie mix for the Admiral to fill the gardens,she has had numerous herbs and veggies incubating under the little aero grow light hopefully the frost will stop and we can plant by next week after the soil acclimates. Next to pick a color for the exterior trim and some clear for our new fence,any suggestions for the fence I'm thinking Siekens but open to options. Also going to tear the crappy 3 piece counter out of our travel trailer and replace with a butcher block solid wood 1 piece next week or so..oh yeah then there's the new gimbal replacement on the boat, I better get more whiskey

Replacing and adding some raised beds for veggies and berries. Got a smoking deal on some western red cedar 4x4 6ft. Will give the garden some presence, final height to be determined by wood amount.

Attachments

• 60FBADE0-4B97-4B35-A02B-F4BFEA47AB99.jpeg
    60FBADE0-4B97-4B35-A02B-F4BFEA47AB99.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 184CB25B-3D1D-4D70-A128-27A93B456562.jpeg
    184CB25B-3D1D-4D70-A128-27A93B456562.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 5F11D6FD-4670-457F-8474-A66561D757E6.jpeg
    5F11D6FD-4670-457F-8474-A66561D757E6.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 0AA6F3D1-A459-4F7E-8107-2A0F49E0A32A.jpeg
    0AA6F3D1-A459-4F7E-8107-2A0F49E0A32A.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 42
Well not sure if it counts as boredom relief but I am bored today so here it goes. After viewing a place near our old one last June we eventually bought it last October. So after buying it remotely we haven't been in the place in almost 8 months! Sooo…...a few weeks ago my daughter and I made the long drive to the coast through the Rockies and the Coquihalla. I've done this drive countless times since we moved off the Island but this one by far was the most Sporty! lol I had my daughter take a picture during one of the more enjoyable sections of highway.

The main reason for the trip was to close the deal (lawyer etc) on our old place and move the last of my stuff (fishing tackle) to the new place. My wife wasn't a big fan of the colors or the Bear stencils so "Hey while you are there maybe you can paint the upstairs since it's empty?" :oops: At least the view was good while I worked.

Anyways here are a few of the before and after pics of the list of things I signed up for apparently...lol

And don't worry.....my wife has spent the last month ordering new furniture so I no longer will have to sit on a lawn chair to watch an old TV. She did at least let me order the new TV for above the mantel.....so I guess I can't complain too much.

The whole family is making the trip for Easter Week to officially move in and according to my wife buy more stuff....:(

Planning on dropping the boat in for the week and put the hurt on a few crabs and a halibut or two. Can't wait!

Attachments

• Highway.jpg
    Highway.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Before1.jpg
    Before1.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Before2.jpg
    Before2.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Before3.jpg
    Before3.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Before4.jpg
    Before4.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 79
  • Paint4.jpg
    Paint4.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Paint5.jpg
    Paint5.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Paint3.jpg
    Paint3.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Paint2.jpg
    Paint2.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Kitchen1.jpg
    Kitchen1.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Well not sure if it counts as boredom relief but I am bored today so here it goes. After viewing a place near our old one last June we eventually bought it last October. So after buying it remotely we haven't been in the place in almost 8 months! Sooo…...a few weeks ago my daughter and I made the long drive to the coast through the Rockies and the Coquihalla. I've done this drive countless times since we moved off the Island but this one by far was the most Sporty! lol I had my daughter take a picture during one of the more enjoyable sections of highway.

The main reason for the trip was to close the deal (lawyer etc) on our old place and move the last of my stuff (fishing tackle) to the new place. My wife wasn't a big fan of the colors or the Bear stencils so "Hey while you are there maybe you can paint the upstairs since it's empty?" :oops: At least the view was good while I worked.

Anyways here are a few of the before and after pics of the list of things I signed up for apparently...lol

And don't worry.....my wife has spent the last month ordering new furniture so I no longer will have to sit on a lawn chair to watch an old TV. She did at least let me order the new TV for above the mantel.....so I guess I can't complain too much.

The whole family is making the trip for Easter Week to officially move in and according to my wife buy more stuff....:(

Planning on dropping the boat in for the week and put the hurt on a few crabs and a halibut or two. Can't wait!
Looks great RS, congrats on a beautiful place. Your obviously livin your dream my friend and that’s awesome.,

anyone grow a garden in fraser valley and have some tips for some easy things to grow and went to plant them. I got some tomatoes and cucumber starting inside right now. Any tips on when to transplant them outside.

1617733189231.jpeg

My wife does all the leg work for this, I just weed and water. But this site should show you when to plant things for our climate.

Attachments

• B333E354-1805-4B35-AB9B-55C6A3C48C94.jpeg
    B333E354-1805-4B35-AB9B-55C6A3C48C94.jpeg
    726.2 KB · Views: 19
My wife does all the leg work for this, I just weed and water. But this site should show you when to plant things for our climate.

Printed that out and put it on the fridge a few months ago, Looking for some first hand experience of things that work out well.

Acording to the climate guy's april will be colder than normal and predict temp. will return to normal
as of May. But who knows.

thanks input some in large pots so I got time maybe may long for the tomato’s and cucumbers.

Too late i think for garlic?
You need to plan you need soil ready and seed stock-preferably the Best Largest cloves from some local producer-ready to plant as well; also some form of mulch to protect the plants over the winter I used to use seaweed but that may not be practical where you live if that's the case I'd use lawn clippings & dead leaves.

Back