Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Attachments

• IMG_0419.png
    IMG_0419.png
    551.6 KB · Views: 30
Is the 250 enough power?
Aquaholic, you ask if the 250 is enough power for the 2470, and I say yes. I had the older F250 (3.3 liter) and it did great. After 11 years of ownership I had the itch to change to a Seasport 2400 XL which had a F250 with the 4.2 liter (current F250), and that is a way better motor for mid range power, and that is the motor the lightly used boat back east is sporting. I can also say as one who owned the Seasport and Pursuit 24' version, the fit/finish of Pursuit was better, but more important, the Pursuit ride in big water was far superior. I am not here to bash the Seasport, but just say the Pursuit is in a different class as far as ride goes. But back on topic, the F250 is plenty for that boat. After....not enjoying the Seasport, I went back to Pursuit and got a DC 266, which has twins which is needed for a boat that size and provides the benefits of better tracking/handling but...comes with twice the maintenance. The 2470 although a big boat, works great with a big single, and works even better with a big single swinging a 4-blade prop which gives a better hole shot, better tracking than a 3-blade, and gets you up and holds you on plane at a lower RPM . good luck. DAJ

Last edited:
Not much to go on in that add... no mention of year of either hull or motors, no description of trailer, electronics, does it have riggers etc.

Price wise I bought my 1987 Arima 17' with a Honda 75hp, no kicker for $18k last summer. Probably another $15k into it at this point with new kicker, trim tabs, riggers, rewire, fibreglass work, dual battery, trailer brakes etc. etc.

This could be a good deal, but in the absence of any further info I'd expect to put that much into it again depending on what you personally consider mandatory vs nice to have.

The fire sale hasn't quite started yet. Most of the big Kingfisher are Alberta driveway decorations. Give it another 6 months.
Alberta's economy is ripping and they have lower living costs/cheaper real estate so I would not expect many there to sell at a loss due to necessity

Couple Silver Streaks for sale. Both about $30k less than new price. I think the Bowen was up for sale in the last year or so. Nice boat and fully rigged outScreenshot (23).pngScreenshot (24).png

Back