Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

IMO buying a sailfish with twins for a once a year tuna trip is insane lol unless you have too much money, don’t get me wrong if you can afford it, it’s a great roomy heavy fishing boat,15 plus years ago when we could fish and retain fish offshore all season yes,but with all that’s going on now not so much. But again it’s just my opinion. And yes that boat has a 9’- 6” beam, so need a permit every time it’s getting towed legally
No one is arguing your point
I’m just saying lots to consider
And if it comes down to I can’t find what I want a week on my little boat out of Ucluelet camp ground and I’ll have fun will want electric down riggers at a minimum but I’m comfortable owned from new and it’s paid for
But to stay out for a few days on the big blue and do some coastal trips up and down that’s a whole different thing and as racers said back in the day how fast do you want to go cause “ that’s how much it costs “

IMO buying a sailfish with twins for a once a year tuna trip is insane lol unless you have too much money, don’t get me wrong if you can afford it, it’s a great roomy heavy fishing boat,15 plus years ago when we could fish and retain fish offshore all season yes,but with all that’s going on now not so much. But again it’s just my opinion. And yes that boat has a 9’- 6” beam, so need a permit every time it’s getting towed legally
I call it “ Goal Oriented “

Sailfish are pretty versatile, having two beds. Adding a little more weather protection would be nice. If you have the big truck and want to be out in big water then they are a good choice. 2000 and newer are a little better but if the one in WA has never been a charter and well maintained it might be a good one.
Bashing the charter boys ????😜😜

I’m sure there are some who maintain them like their own but there is one charter for sale right now that looks like it has been beat hard. Listed for 100k+++. Any boat that has been repowered a couple of times has a lot of hours on it, and if money hasn’t gone into the hull then it shows. I saw a few older GW sitting at a lodge in 2022 that made me want to cry.

Smaller than today's 18'r. No beam to the old ones and that one has a non factory extension. 20 year old outboard.... Tough sell
I think it’s still a decent deal. The new 18’ hewescraft are stupid price but they were 30k a couple years ago.

But a blue silver streak sunk a few years ago and sold for cheap so I’d always be worried that it’s that boat haha

I’m thinking you’re kind of a difficult guy to deal with !
Fine to have opinions but you’re bashing me for wanting a boat and doing my due diligence to find a boat that I want !
Takes the fun out of it !
Good grief Charlie Brown

I’m thinking you’re kind of a difficult guy to deal with !
Fine to have opinions but you’re bashing me for wanting a boat and doing my due diligence to find a boat that I want !
Takes the fun out of it !
Good grief Charlie Brown

Wow, giving a hard time to K, for bashing guide boats, nothing to do with you lol.all I was saying is because it’s a guide boat doesn’t mean it’s been trashed,yes some guide boats are abused,but lots of them take very good care of their boats, the lively hood their families depends on those boats to take them out and back safe, wth complete strangers on board,out of a lot of place those guide boats head offshore every day and come back safe,I would trust those boats over any boats that sits in a yard for months on end not even being looked at.so all I am saying is because it’s an ex guide boat doesn’t mean it’s trash

TUNA BOAT!!!
Family tuna boat? It has a pretty nice cabin, especially with the heater. It looks like it needs radar. There is no mention of autopilot, but there is a Garmin unit beside the Lowrance's. I'm not sure about the gas mileage being something to brag about; it sounds like regular big boat mileage. It sure seems priced right with that trailer, boat being rewired, and having thrusters.

Back