Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Hey, at least I am not one saying it. I get flack from all when bring it up lol
Are the trophys that bad? I have very little experience so I can't say one way or the other. But it sure seems they have a bad rep. My timing is a bit off, Im headed out fishing up to the skeena for two weeks. If the timing was different I might have moved on that Osprey. Its over my budget but its really nice and I would think about reaching there.

Such a sick boat, what are peoples opinions on these ospreys? I’ve heard they’re a little wet, but I like it a lot.
Tanks, never heard anything about being wet, but if they do get wet is because there out in weather that others t don’t bother going in , never been in one but there is a hand full at the marina I am at and they crush it

Are the trophys that bad? I have very little experience so I can't say one way or the other. But it sure seems they have a bad rep. My timing is a bit off, Im headed out fishing up to the skeena for two weeks. If the timing was different I might have moved on that Osprey. Its over my budget but its really nice and I would think about reaching there.
You would spend as much on that trophy from the US, compared to that osprey, and would have twice the boat IMO

Such a sick boat, what are peoples opinions on these ospreys? I’ve heard they’re a little wet, but I like it a lot.
If you’re looking for a boat in that size and price, I don’t think you could do any better than that one. I doubt you could get a whaler 25 for under 100k with warranty still left on the motor.
I don’t see a rear station in this tub though, so unless it has remote control kicker steering, would a must to add on

Last edited:
Not a dual console model as suggested, but still a sweet boat with perfect power.

2005 Striper 2101 DC - $30,950​

If only that was Canadian dollars

Not sure why all the hate on the trophy’s I hear the older ones weren’t as good but I’ve had 2 completely rotten hourstons and a double eagle I think anything from back in the day is going to need a full structural repair job regardless of brand if it hasn’t been done already The through hull fittings aren’t great and the factory wiring is a bit rough I’ll admit that but the 2000+ trophy’s had a major redesign composite stringer system with green wood XL transom a much better boat in my opinion I ended up getting rid of my hourston and bought a 2005 trophy 1802 w/a fresh re power cleaned up the wiring and she’s an amazing boat that the family loves at a great price compared to what else was out there we use it 3-4 days a week and will last us many many years fishing on the west coast of Vancouver island get a pre purchase survey on it like any boat but I wouldn’t hesitate to buy an other also have a few friends with the 2000+ trophy pros we’ve fished them all over the island and mainland for years without issues.

Saw this boat at our dock today. I know nothing about it except it’s about 17 ft long and it’s in Nanaimo

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpeg
    IMG_0275.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0276.jpeg
    IMG_0276.jpeg
    350 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0277.jpeg
    IMG_0277.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0278.jpeg
    IMG_0278.jpeg
    404.5 KB · Views: 139
Tanks, never heard anything about being wet, but if they do get wet is because there out in weather that others t don’t bother going in , never been in one but there is a hand full at the marina I am at and they crush it
I can confirm this. I’ve fished outta my buddies podded osprey and the thing is built like a tank. Been out in some stuff and never felt worried at all.

Back