Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I'll spend on something newer with outboards and that is also awesome. I don't want a sideways move. I'd spend up to 200k for something turn key or I'll just pod mine. Right now I'm dealing with two dead water pumps. Never ends
I hear you, got my electrical, bilge and engine all running well and then shifter cable! Halibut trip turned into a slow crabbing trip. That aluminum cigarette boat is ready for outboards, but the cabin/deck space leaves a lot to be desired. Tough to find a good outboard cruiser.

Boat prices will likely not come down. But the value of our currency will definitely shrink, thanks to all the free money that was given out the last 18 months. Inflation is going to be biting us in the a$$ for the next few years.
I sure hope your wrong. We are sitting on the sidelines waiting this one out. We know exactly what we want and our thoughts are that as soon as the borders open up there is going to be a lot of wives of new boaters saying get that expensive money pit out of our driveway.

I sure hope your wrong. We are sitting on the sidelines waiting this one out. We know exactly what we want and our thoughts are that as soon as the borders open up there is going to be a lot of wives of new boaters saying get that expensive money pit out of our driveway.
I’m with you on that one but the price of gas at the pump and food on the shelves of grocery stores tell me otherwise.

I’m with you on that one but the price of gas at the pump and food on the shelves of grocery stores tell me otherwise.
I will concede on that one. Life does seem pricey and you'd never know we are in a global pandemic. However, we all know the old adage that the 2 best days in a boaters life are the day they buy and the day they sell. I firmly believe that a lot of people bought boats during COVID based on a whim. Those folks wont tough it out. Seriously you folks have to admit, if we tally what we've spent on this hobby you must admit we are all a little crazy.

With the current state of affairs fishingwise, we’re definitely not in a justifiable zone. Fishing restrictions have given the wives more ammo to get the darn boats out of the driveways. I agree that the supply side will see improvements when the border opens and people can travel again.

But then a lot of free money has been spent on toys (still is!) during Covid. Add to that the ongoing problems with the global supply chain which is going to keep the demand up for used boats. Supply and demand and the inflation level will determine where the prices are going to go. Supply may go up at some point but then you’ll have to cough up more $$ due to the damn inflation. Interesting times are ahead of us for sure.

Last edited:
Some good value out there, still! Pontoons with a shack https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/238965757606304/
Joking, but a good well maintained boat with four stroke engines is rare. If you one that fits your long term needs buy it but avoid bidding wars.

I will concede on that one. Life does seem pricey and you'd never know we are in a global pandemic. However, we all know the old adage that the 2 best days in a boaters life are the day they buy and the day they sell. I firmly believe that a lot of people bought boats during COVID based on a whim. Those folks wont tough it out. Seriously you folks have to admit, if we tally what we've spent on this hobby you must admit we are all a little crazy.
Yes we are all spending a lot but we all know people who spend more. Yes people will go back to flying the family for an all inclusive at xmas for 20k and forgetting half the trip due to the open bar. When the Christmas credit card comes due and the $400 moorage bill, plus the spring didn’t winterized properly problems set them back $1000-20k they will sell, but the boat will still be over priced, as prices as they go down are “sticky”, and the boats will still need 2x the maintenance they would have if you’d gotten it off the old guy who had an open wallet or was ex military and kept it so clean you could eat off the bildge. We have a family of four and we don’t drink, I don’t have a motorbike like most of my friends, so spending what I do on the boat is a good investment for me and my kids to see the coast and learn about it. As long as I get it running and get the family to Sidney spit or the gulf islands this weekend and get 13 crab for visiting family like I did last weekend, wife will keep quiet! 13 crab *20$ each. To bad I used the dingy with oars to get three of them or I could almost make the numbers work!

This looks like a good deal if you can bring it over the fence to Canada - Made in BC so, you get to save some taxes at the border.

Welded aluminum boat - $16,000 (Port Moody)​

View attachment 67683View attachment 67682View attachment 67684
This seems like a shockingly good deal for a welded alu boat and what appears to be a newish motor. I wonder what the 'tune up' would involve?

Back