Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

This Tolly looks sweet, lots of upgrades just rig it for fishing

Cool looking old boat. I like it. But how would it be for trolling?

Guys with boats of this size help me understand how to optimize it.

How would you rig it @dmurph ?

Would a 15hp merc be enough power?
What setup for steering?

With a main straight drive and rudder, I imagine a kicker would struggle to steer this. I saw another of these 26’ tollycrafts with a bow thruster.

Visibility at the back would be poor.

But my wife would like the interior better than a fishing boat…

Last edited:
Cool looking old boat. I like it. But how would it for be trolling?

What setup for steering?

With a main straight drive and rudder, I imagine a kicker would struggle to steer this. I saw another of these 26’ tollycrafts with a bow thruster.

Twin 15s. And I'm not joking

How do you search the states east coast marketplace effectively? Nice rig for sure.
On a desktop you can expand the radius farther to around 300 miles and then would have to search by major city.
On craigslist you can scroll by map at 250 mile radius and slowly slide the map down the coast.

On a desktop you can expand the radius farther to around 300 miles and then would have to search by major city.
On craigslist you can scroll by map at 250 mile radius and slowly slide the map down the coast.
For Craigslist, use Search Tempest, pick your range and key search word in title. I think Facebook is linked to it now as well. .

That's a unit. Larger radius on the desktop eh. Thanks for that Doug.

Cool looking old boat. I like it. But how would it be for trolling?

What setup for steering?

I think a 25hp high thrust mounted in the middle of the stern with a hydraulic steering system on the back deck connected with a intelli steer remote system to allow kicker control from anywhere. You definitely want control of the kicker steering from anywhere on the boat. I would think the 25 would push the boat no problem, keep the rudder position straight when operating the kicker, unless the rudder is hydraulic and could be tied into the system. Would need to adjust move or reconfigure the tender.

I think a 25hp high thrust mounted in the middle of the stern with a hydraulic steering system on the back deck connected with a intelli steer remote system to allow kicker control from anywhere. You definitely want control of the kicker steering from anywhere on the boat. I would think the 25 would push the boat no problem, keep the rudder position straight when operating the kicker, unless the rudder is hydraulic and could be tied into the system. Would need to adjust move or reconfigure the tender.
Would intellisteer be better than a Lowrance auto pilot?
We have that on our boat now. I think you can get a remote for it which we don’t have.

Would intellisteer be better than a Lowrance auto pilot?
We have that on our boat now. I think you can get a remote for it which we don’t have.
I’m not sure, I have a cable drive intelli steer for my kicker, apparently it can tie into an auto pilot but I’ve never really figured out how or if it would work well. I’d love auto for my kicker.

Back