Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Sad to hear their doors are very likely closing.
Ya well
The owner is no spring chicken anymore, I know his son is involve, but more in the sales then the fab I think, those boats are a small shop boats, they only built a few a year, was in the shop a few years back and got a private tour, definitely well built boats, built with pride, and the ride awsome, the only thing that held me back was my wife saying you sure you want another IO, then I started convulsing and taught I was going to die lol

Ya well
The owner is no spring chicken anymore, I know his son is involve, but more in the sales then the fab I think, those boats are a small shop boats, they only built a few a year, was in the shop a few years back and got a private tour, definitely well built boats, built with pride, and the ride awsome, the only thing that held me back was my wife saying you sure you want another IO, then I started convulsing and taught I was going to die lol

If you tour the shop now, majority of works seems to be putting pods and power on their boats they sold years ago.

Their rent was getting too high
their website has a plea for skilled workers.

NOW HIRING​

We are looking for boat builders with experience in boats or with transferable skills. We build our boats from the ground up which requires fibreglassing, gelcoat finishing, wood working, mechanical installation, 12V and 110V electrical installation, electronics installation, upholstery, hardware installation, and plumbing. Our biggest need is for rough and finish wood working and assembly. We would also consider applicants in the Marine Service Technician program at Quadrant Marine Institute, www.quadrantmarine.com. Please email or fax a resume and cover letter to the contact info at the bottom of the page.

NOW HIRING​

We are looking for boat builders with experience in boats or with transferable skills. We build our boats from the ground up which requires fibreglassing, gelcoat finishing, wood working, mechanical installation, 12V and 110V electrical installation, electronics installation, upholstery, hardware installation, and plumbing. Our biggest need is for rough and finish wood working and assembly. We would also consider applicants in the Marine Service Technician program at Quadrant Marine Institute, www.quadrantmarine.com. Please email or fax a resume and cover letter to the contact info at the bottom of the page.
Interesting, I wonder if that’s new? Their website is almost always out of date

If you tour the shop now, majority of works seems to be putting pods and power on their boats they sold years ago.
Yes, he was doing one when I had the tour, it was mentioned that it was a tricky alteration cause those haul where not built to hang all that weight that far back, and a bit of work to get it right, very knowledgeable insight in podding a boat

NOW HIRING​

NOW HIRING​

Him and all employers looking for skilled labour are **** out of luck, including me, if it does not have an app and includes manual labour newer generation ain’t doing it

I'm really surprised to hear Dan and his son are closing up shop, they have indeed been budding new boats for sure. But selling off molds is a shame to see. Dan was sharp as a tack last time I was there last year.

BTW the camp fire rumors on Bluewater closing up was due to lack of skilled labor too.

Back